Take your family’s safety to the next level. Know where your kids are, control their screen time and manage what they access online.
AT&T Secure Family delivers parents peace of mind:
• Location Tracking + – Track a family member on an interactive map.
• Arrival/Departure Alerts* – Receive an alert when your child enters or leaves a location (home, school, etc.)
• Pause Internet* – Limit Online distractions (time for homework, time for bed).
• Filter & Block Content* – Filter or block Apps and Online content based on age appropriate settings.
• App Purchase Block* – Block your child’s ability to make App purchases.
AT&T Secure Family is free for the first 30 days. After the first 30 days, you will be billed $7.99 each month (includes up to 10 lines). Service auto renews every 30 days unless cancelled.
Easy Setup and Pairing for Parents:
*Parental Controls feature requires pairing with AT&T Secure Family Companion , a free app++ that can be downloaded to the child’s device.
+ Network based location via cell tower triangulation, location schedule alerts and location history do not require the installation of a Secure Family Companion App on the child’s device.
++ AT&T Secure Family Companion can be found in the App Store and only works with the purchase of AT&T Secure Family which is $7.99/month.
Other important information about AT&T Secure Family:
• After first 30 days, $7.99/mo. will be charged to your iTunes account. Subscription will automatically renew each month unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current month’s billing period.
• To view, modify or cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscriptions terms. App requires iOS v. 10 or higher
• AT&T Secure Family Companion is not compatible with AT&T Mobile Security Plus. If you wish to continue with the purchase, you must either remove AT&T Mobile Security Plus from your iTunes account or downgrade to AT&T Mobile Security Basic before adding AT&T Secure Family Companion to your child’s device. To cancel your subscription, go to account settings in iTunes. No cancellation of the current month’s subscription is allowed. No refunds or credits for partial subscriptions terms.
• This service is available to AT&T postpaid wireless customers. Secure Family and Companion app users must be on the same account. Only authorized app users have permission to locate a family member.
• Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically reduce battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Didn’t work - deleted
This app didn’t work and is not ready for release. As a parent of a 17 year old - to be required to install a companion app on your child’s phone that is then supposed to be paired is not a realistic option. The entire premise of this app is to impose limits, controls, and oversight of a child. Any child above the age of 5 would known to just delete the companion app or take any number of steps to get around these efforts.
The pairing didn’t work anyway.
The capability to turn off data ALREADY exists in the standard clunky AT&T app and online. AND I already pay $$hundreds of dollars each month for this feature. Just add the ability to create schedules. For example, Google’s Free companion app to their Wifi routers allows one to create “pause” schedules for a device or collection of devices. So I have the ability to control my child’s WiFi access very simply and without paying for a service, but the simple act of turning off cellular data... lets all see if there is a way we can monetize that feature and greatly inconvenience our customers in the process. truly. Makes me consider other carriers and I have been with AT&T for more than 16 years.
Horrible. Doesn’t work. Save your money.
What a garbage application. The precious safe family app limited my kids data usage per day and kept them from going over a data cap. This application never works. I restrict their usage and the app just stops working. For days at a time. I get text messages saying it has stopped pairing and i have to re-pair it. And then at the end of the day it stops pairing again. My data use went from controlled and always under our cap to AVERAGING 10% over our cap. The restrictions on time never mattered. The restrictions on content never mattered. This appears to be an app designed to take $8/mo from you and make you go to a higher data plan as well. 0 stars.
Don’t waste your time.
The smart limits that att use to have was much better. You could set limits of how many text messages they could have for the month and you could turn off their phone whenever you wanted or set time limits when they could use it. The text feature was the best, because you can set limits but still allow text from family or whoever you allow. It kept my kids from texting all day long and they could earn more text messages. You also did not need to have your kids phone to set it up. Please please bring it back.
- AT&T Services, Inc.
- 207.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 AT&T Intellectual Property Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AT&T Secure Family™ $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.