Atari Fit™ is a new, feature rich mobile fitness app that motivates players to work out individually or in collaboration with friends while earning points to play fun Atari games and unlocking additional fitness routines.
• Over 100 Exercises – Workouts include full-body circuits and running programs that are certified by Michael Porter, certified personal trainer and performance enhancement specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Unlock additional fitness routines with points earned from burning calories or through in-app purchases.
• Gamify Your Workout – Motivate and challenge yourself by following daily tips and a multitude of exercise routines or custom programs while tracking distance, speed, pace and calories burned.
• Fun Atari Games –Raise your fitness level and earn coins during workouts to unlock Atari classic games including Pong®, Super Breakout®, and Centipede®.
• Wearable Compatibility – Track wearable health and fitness devices such as Fitbit and Jawbone by connecting to Apple Health and earn in-game rewards.
• App Data Aggregator – Connect with Apple Health, Runkeeper or Facebook and receive useful data (weight, daily steps, exercises) while tracking exercises (sets, reps, weights) with a fully functional log-book – all helping to increase your Atari Fit experience level.
• Multiplayer – Play with friends all over the world anytime. Join a team and workout together or race against each other. Track your stats as a group and encourage each other to workout. Compete to become the fittest team of gamers worldwide!
• Online Leaderboards for Atari Classic Games - For the first time ever, Atari games included in the app will have leaderboards and users can rank their skills against others from around the globe.
• Social Features – Post accomplishments to Twitter and Facebook at the end of every workout, detailing achievements and personal bests and making fitness fun with friends. See your friends and encourage each other to workout!
• Walgreens Balance® Rewards – Earn Walgreens Balance Rewards loyalty program points for participating in challenges that log steps taken. Points can be redeemed at Walgreens and Walgreens.com.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Password reset enabled
- Small fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not very usable
Requires login with Facebook as the only option. I don’t use Facebook anymore and this means many of the features are useless to me
The workout plans are not very user friendly to setup. I choose the default options and the first workout day does not default to today! I couldn’t even start a workout after getting a workout plan setup. It wanted me to wait two days until Monday. The whole point of this app is to exercise and the app won’t let me do that.
The exercises themselves need some help. They only have one picture per exercise and lengthy text which we are expected to memorize with no further demonstration of the steps of the exercise. There should be videos for each exercise or at the minimum pictures of each step. This should carry over into the workout section so I know what to do while attempting to do a workout. Currently I’m only able to check off that I did an exercise and I’m not shown how to do it.
Not a very user friendly app. It feels like Atari outsourced the work and the app was developed against a schedule and not against a good user experience. Poor first attempt. I will not be using this as my daily fitness app.
This is the worst, most useless health app ever. I downloaded it to connect to the Walgreens app but couldn’t get it to work. Kept it for a while, kept trying to connect without success. I tried to use it independently but it NEVER worked, even after multiple reinstalls. Hasn’t been updated in forever. Glad I didn’t pay for anything.
Bottom line: don’t waste your time. There are some great apps out there from which to choose. Search “exercise apps“ if that’s what you were looking for.
Love the idea, if it’d work.
Downloaded this app yesterday and have yet to have it open without then popping up a sync error. Given all of my workout data would come from its Apple Health integration, and not from the built in workouts it offers, that pretty much makes it useless to me. I am holding our hope that an update resolved the issue because it really is a unique idea, not to mention appealing to us folks who grew up with an Atari console in their wood paneled living rooms.
- Atari, Interactive
- 246.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Atari Interactive. All rights reserved. Atari Fit™ and associated trademarks are the property of Atari Interactive, Inc. Produced, marketed and distributed by Atari Fit, an affiliate of Atari
- In-App Purchases
- Coin Stack $0.99
- Coin Purse $4.99
- Coin Chest $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.