Atari Fit™ is a new, feature rich mobile fitness app that motivates players to work out individually or in collaboration with friends while earning points to play fun Atari games and unlocking additional fitness routines.
• Over 100 Exercises – Workouts include full-body circuits and running programs that are certified by Michael Porter, certified personal trainer and performance enhancement specialist through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). Unlock additional fitness routines with points earned from burning calories or through in-app purchases.
• Gamify Your Workout – Motivate and challenge yourself by following daily tips and a multitude of exercise routines or custom programs while tracking distance, speed, pace and calories burned.
• Fun Atari Games –Raise your fitness level and earn coins during workouts to unlock Atari classic games including Pong®, Super Breakout®, and Centipede®.
• Wearable Compatibility – Track wearable health and fitness devices such as Fitbit and Jawbone by connecting to Apple Health and earn in-game rewards.
• App Data Aggregator – Connect with Apple Health, Runkeeper or Facebook and receive useful data (weight, daily steps, exercises) while tracking exercises (sets, reps, weights) with a fully functional log-book – all helping to increase your Atari Fit experience level.
• Multiplayer – Play with friends all over the world anytime. Join a team and workout together or race against each other. Track your stats as a group and encourage each other to workout. Compete to become the fittest team of gamers worldwide!
• Online Leaderboards for Atari Classic Games - For the first time ever, Atari games included in the app will have leaderboards and users can rank their skills against others from around the globe.
• Social Features – Post accomplishments to Twitter and Facebook at the end of every workout, detailing achievements and personal bests and making fitness fun with friends. See your friends and encourage each other to workout!
• Walgreens Balance® Rewards – Earn Walgreens Balance Rewards loyalty program points for participating in challenges that log steps taken. Points can be redeemed at Walgreens and Walgreens.com.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Password reset enabled
- Small fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the idea, if it’d work.
Downloaded this app yesterday and have yet to have it open without then popping up a sync error. Given all of my workout data would come from its Apple Health integration, and not from the built in workouts it offers, that pretty much makes it useless to me. I am holding our hope that an update resolved the issue because it really is a unique idea, not to mention appealing to us folks who grew up with an Atari console in their wood paneled living rooms.
Want this to work
I would gladly pay for this app to have regular updates and sync with my phone. I love Atari games and the idea of earning gaming points for working out. Please update and fix. Charge for it if you want
Great idea, poorly executed
Sadly this app suffers from constant errors syncing data when it actually properly launches at all which is less than 25% of the time.
- Atari, Interactive
- 246.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Atari Interactive. All rights reserved. Atari Fit™ and associated trademarks are the property of Atari Interactive, Inc. Produced, marketed and distributed by Atari Fit, an affiliate of Atari
- In-App Purchases
- Basic Workouts - 3 Months $2.99
- Basic Workouts - 1 Year $8.99
- Coin Stack $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.