ATC Voice is a fast-paced, highly realistic, air traffic control game designed from the ground up for the iPad.
Use your wits, spatial reasoning, and planning skills, to safely guide planes over, under, and around each other towards their destinations.
Play any level using touch commands, or use modern voice recognition technology.
ATC Voice is the sequel to ATC – Air Traffic Control and takes everything to the next level -- retina optimized graphics, more levels and sectors, arrival and departure routing, holding patterns, Voice Control, and much more.
Your job is to command planes using voice commands or touch commands. Clear arriving planes for approach at the correct airports. Climb departing planes safely, and quickly hand off to the next controller.
- More than 100 levels from easy to challenging.
- Climb and Descend planes, control altitude, and keep them at least 1000ft apart vertically, 3nm horizontally.
- Avoid collisions and terrain, respond to warnings within one minute before loss of separation.
- Speed up the simulation to 30x real-time speed.
- Deal with changing wind and runway conditions, emergencies, and surprises.
- Flexible Voice Recognition accepts alternate phrasing of commands and plane idents.
- Listen to aircraft read back instructions for verification, or turn off plane speech for faster game play.
- Assign a heading or command a plane to fly direct to a navigation fix.
- Stack planes in holding patterns.
- Choose the simulation environment and game victory conditions in Quick Play mode.
- Sign in to Game Center to earn Achievements and see your rank on Leaderboards.
- Use the Level Editor to create your own scenarios or edit your quick play generated levels.
- Realistic speed and altitude simulation.
- Pinch-zoom control of the radar display.
- Automatic save and load.
- Retina optimized graphics.
- Includes three sectors, Denver (KDEN, KAPA, KBJC, KBKF), Los Angeles (KLAX, KLGB, KSNA, KONT, KBUR), and New York (KJFK, KLGA, KTEB, KEWR) with many easy and challenging levels.
With Voice Control ON, you can play the game like a real air traffic controller using your voice to guide planes, clear them for approach, and hand them off to the next controller.
Press the mic button and say the plane's identifier followed by one or more commands. Includes 'Practice Voice Commands' mini-game to help learn the voice commands.
ATC Voice understands a long list of voice commands used by air traffic controllers with flexible phrasing like,
•“Turn left Heading ONE THREE ZERO”, or “Turn Right TEN degrees.”
•“Climb Maintain ONE TWO Thousand”, or “Descend Maintain THIRTEEN Thousand.”
•“Fly direct TOMSN and Hold”, or “Cleared direct BLUE MESA VOR.”
•“Cleared Approach Runway THREE FIVE LEFT.”
The game includes three full sectors with 100 levels. More sectors can be purchased in the app at an additional cost. Every sector includes the busiest airports in the airspace and 30 levels or more.
Play offline, no internet connection required, even for voice control.
Runs on all iPad models with iOS 8.0 or higher.
Wireless AirPods do not currently work with voice control.
** Testimonials from players: **
“Your ATC game is the Best I played on the iPad for years ! It's fun, challenging and quite realistic.” - Professional Airline Pilot
“Amazing app! Every bit worth the money. The voice control works surprisingly well, although it doesn't always respond on the first attempt, but nothing's perfect.” - Professional Air Traffic Controller
“I absolutely love your atcvoice game. it is the only game on my ipad. I am not a gamer..This game is perfect, keeps my mind sharp.”
** A note from the developer: **
I am committed to developing the best games available and appreciate and encourage user feedback by sending me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you find a bug please let me know at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting independent video game developers.
- Fixed duplicate aircraft callsigns on Denver Clear the Sector Level #6.
- Airports will no longer depart aircraft into landing traffic after a wind shift. The opposing approach path area will need to be clear of landing aircraft before aircraft will depart.
- Fixed bugs that could depart a plane into passing traffic.
- Fixed bug that could cause a Loss-of-Separation immediately after takeoff.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing! I don’t know how the developer crammed so much great stuff into this sim. On top of all the detailed controls you get for interacting with the aircraft, there is great voice recognition! Not only that, but the sim is fairly easy to learn - even without the wonderful tutorials. The options for creating your own scenarios are almost limitless, and you can make each scenario as easy or as challenging as you want. This sim just doesn’t get boring. I’ve used it for two years and I still love it. The in-app purchases keep the sim fresh, but you don’t have to buy any of them. Once you buy the sim it’s yours forever, and I might just keep playing it forever!
Experienced pilot and I could play this for hours. The voice commands are great and effective. I tend to be faster using my fingers, but getting better with the voice commands. I agree with some other comments that it would be nice to start levels without having a boat load of airplanes to start with, but that doesn’t deter from the fun of the app.
Worth the price, challenging and fun
Follow along from airport to airport, mission to mission, because the challenges are intentional in that order. Super realistic. I have not attempted voice however.
For future airports, I hope they try Atlanta. But I’d want it to include PDK, LZU (class D, towered), but also add small planes to the mix, and consideration of separation (no small planes flying immediately under large ones). Traffic at a place like LZU can be intense, Lear Jets, twins, while trainers doing touch and goes or local small airport training runs. Managing different approach speeds, levels of experience, lots of no contact situations (because newbie pilot isn’t following instructions).
Also missing are hold locations. In critical situations, pilots are sent to hold at a certain altitude/location, where they loop until told. In lots of these emergency scenarios, you have to manage that yourself, making you the de facto PIC. Not realistic.
However, it’s still a lot of fun and worth the price.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Looking West Apps LLC
- 100 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2022 Looking West Apps LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Chicago Sector $2.99
- Dallas/Fort Worth Sector $2.99
- Boston Sector $2.99
- London Sector $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.