ATHENS' BEST is an ideal travel guide to this ancient city with its pretty districts and world-class cultural sights. Written by a pro-author it explores key NEIGHBOURHOODS; suggests ITINERARIES; details SIGHTS; then suggests great spots to EAT. All content (45+ points-of-interest/100+ pics) is original and independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
ATHENS' BEST starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key NEIGHBOURHOODS so you can decide where to stay.
A hand-crafted ITINERARIES section then offers first-timers a good way to start exploring the city over one or two of days, as well as recommending a few insider’s TOURS.
Or, if say you’ve just want to find, say, the very best ART, or are keen to explore GREEK HISTORY, you might just dive straight into info on these in the INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES section. Other categories here include ART, HIKING and KIDS & FAMILIES.
Finally the app details a few good places to EAT & DRINK near many key sights and even gives you a run down of SHOPS & SHOPPING to help you find that perfect souvenir.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Local Info
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBOURHOODS
Meet the key city districts:
• Athens Riviera
• Central Athens:– Acropolis of Athens; Historic Centre; Kolonaki; Omonia Square & Around; Plaka; Psyrri; National Gardens
• Island Day Trips
• Outside the Centre
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES
• Athens In-One-Day
• Athens In-Two-Days
• Three Greek Islands In-A-Day
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Parks & Nature
EAT, DRINK, SHOP & MORE
A selection of recommendations:
• Cafés, Pubs
• Shops & Shopping
• Theatres & Cinemas
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: Rebecca Hall has lived in Greece and been a travel writer for about a decade. She’s co-written guidebooks on the country and a host of articles for print and online magazines, travel websites, hotel reviews and inflight magazines.
• ICON: Sergio García @Unsplash
REVIEWS AND RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Fix apostrophes... Athens’ Best, not Athen’s Best
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 49.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Rebecca Hall
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.