"This app is awesome...my coach has a high tech hand held police grade radar gun...we put this app to the test and it didn't fail" - CurtisR33
"Super simple to setup (be sure to check out the very helpful videos) and very accurate" -Peace
"It took awhile to set up the location of the phone but after that, it worked so well...more affordable than a real radar gun and the same accuracy" -Fierygloberr674
Please note before you purchase!
• Outdoor use only
• Speed radar capability requires iPhone 5S or higher, iPad 3rd Gen or higher, iPad Mini 2nd Gen or higher needed.
• Selfie mode requires iPhone 6S or higher
Athla Velocity is the only video radar that outperforms PocketRadar and matches a $1,200 Stalker II Pro Doppler.
See our "battlefield" of five speed radars at athla.com/radar
No longer do you have to tap the screen or ask a second person to hold your device. Velocity is the first video speed radar to work hands-free and calibrate within 0.3mph of a $1,200 Doppler.
• Velocity Free Edition gives you free shots to begin. You can ask friends for additional free shots.
• You can buy shots packs or entire radars.
• Velocity Ultimate Edition unlocks all the radars for a single price.
Transform your iPhone or iPad into a revolutionary video camera speed radar!
AS SEEN IN
• Apple's Commercial "Change is in the Air" Game Changing Apps
• "Best App Across Multiple Sports" Finalist Sports Technology Awards
• Finalist TechCrunch Disrupt Startup Battlefield Top 26 from over 700 companies
• Gold Award for Sports & Recreation -- Davey Awards
• Inc. Magazine, Mashable.com, and CNN
• Tabby Awards - Finalist for Best Sports App
Audiences can download the Free version to connect and see your speeds from the stands.
COMPLETELY HANDS FREE
• No longer tap or hold your device to get your speeds
• Simply place your iPhone or iPad about 5 feet away and 20 feet to the side then kick, pitch or serve in-line and in-view of your device.
• The speed of your baseball pitch, soccer kick, cricket bowl, or tennis serve appears on the surface of your device.
• Velocity uses only the camera in your device.
• Use Velocity on a field, rink or court, or simply in a backyard at home.
HIGHEST ACCURACY AVAILABLE
• Velocity calibrates to within +/- 0.3 mph of the Stalker II Pro ® , a $1,200 speed radar used by over 30 professional teams.
• The accuracy exceeds Doppler radars on balls with vertical trajectories.
• See athla.com/blog for calibration details and more
DISCOVER YOUR INNER ATHLETE
• Five sports available now: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Cricket and Soccer
• Discover the speed of your pitches, serves, and kicks
• Over 500,000 data points are trackable. Track your improving speeds across coaching sessions, the sports season, or across several years.
• Share speeds with coaches to show what you have achieved.
BRING THE STADIUM HOME
• Mirror your speeds on up to seven other devices
• Bring the stadium experience home to your own community.
• Audiences can see the speeds as players practice or play similar to professional games.
• Add Bluetooth speakers, turn on “Voice Announce”, and Velocity will speak the speeds to the team or an audience.
• Optimized for outdoor use only.
• 130 mph max speed on iPhone 6S or above
• 110 mph max speeds: on iPad Air, iPad 4th Gen, iPad 3rd Gen, iPad Mini 2nd Gen, and iPhone 5s+
• 100 mph max speed for iPhone 5 and 5c.
Velocity by Athla - Rediscover the Power of Play
Bug fixes including for tennis purchases
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve used this app this past summer to see how fast my 10 year old pitches. I just purchased a small radar device and in comparison this app is very accurate for pitches down the middle of the plate.
If he misses to the phone side it reads a little fast and if he misses to the far side away from the phone it reads a little slower. As long as you are throwing down the middle and the phone is exactly 20 feet to the side it is very accurate. Great for seeing how fast your fastball is.
Love it but..
I love this app and they make it so easy to set up and get started Burt it needs an update bad. I’ve had the same version for four or five years and I haven’t had a single update notification. But still a great app for measuring speed. I use it all the time to see how I’m improving on in my pitches in baseball which I like to pride in.
When i first tried it out i thought it would be really bad and not work. When i actually started to hse the ball it told me the speed and even put slow motion videos into my camera so i could see my shot in slow motion this is an amazing app.
- Athla LLC
- 106.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Athla LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Velocity: Tennis speed radar $11.99
- Velocity: Soccer speed radar $11.99
- Velocity: Baseball speed radar $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.