ATM Milano is the only official app of Azienda Trasporti Milanesi S.p.A. that allows you to move around the city, buy tickets and renew your passes.
The services available through ATM Milano Official App are:
- Near you: to find on the map ATM stops, railway stations, parking, ATM Points, parking meters, ticket resales and other places of interest such as airports, BikeMi stands and cycling lanes.
- Journeys: to calculate routes with public transport.
- Lines: to view the route, stops, schedule and waiting times for one or more lines.
- Tickets: to buy, store and use tickets for Mi1-Mi9 fares. In this section, you can also buy tickets via SMS without registration or by direct debit on your phone credit (for more information visit the section “Instructions”).
- Passes: to store one or more electronic cards, receive notifications on expiry dates and to renew your pass in few steps (for more information visit the section “Instructions”).
- Favorites: to save the stops, addresses and places of interest used more frequently and choose how to view them in the home page.
- Search: to look for an address, a stop or a place.
- Stops: to look for a stop by writing its name or reference number.
- Metro: to check service updates and to view the map of the metro network.
- ATM Point and Infopoint Area B/C: to book an appointment selecting the service, day and hour.
- Radiobus di Quartiere: to book the service and to monitor the status of your bookings.
- News: to read news regarding the service and other activities by ATM.
- Information and Fare System: to learn about all services by ATM regarding tickets, passes, parking and much more.
Read our Personal Data Protection Policy on the ATM website:
On this update we’ve released the language switch function and we’ve solved some small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
It is a good start, unfortunately only sells tickets for traveling within the city limits
The Giromilano section is great, but once you've found out which route to take... you can only buy tickets to travel within the city limits, which can easily bought at any vending machine. The App does not allow to purchase all the other tickets (extra-urbani) which are rather difficult to find.
Essential for Milan
This is the best public transportation app I’ve ever used in the States and abroad. With this app, there’s no need to purchase paper tickets for street level tram travel (show inspectors app screen to prove valid time remaining). For underground metro, we used the PNR codes to print out physical tickets or used the QR scanner via iPhone to use directly at the turnstiles. The journey planner provided accurate navigation routes. The app links directly to PayPal or credit card, which saved us from fishing for loose change every time we used public transportation The instructions in English are accurate and thorough. I only wish American public transportation authorities would develop a similar and effective app. This is essential for travel in Milan.
There’s a reason the Milanese don’t use this app!
We thought buying day passes through this app would be a very convenient way to get around the city, but unfortunately the QR readers are very inconsistent. Sometimes our tickets scanned in 2s, which is still longer than it takes to process the RFID cards and paper tickets, and other times it took 30s or longer - and that’s if the reader worked at all. Additionally, my QR codes stopped generating for my valid ticket, and I had to buy one to get home. If you buy passes through this, learn from our lesson and just print your passes
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Azienda Trasporti Milanesi s.p.a.
- 82 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © ATM, Azienda Trasporti Milanesi SpA