ATM Milano Official App is the official application of Azienda Trasporti Milanesi S.p.A. that helps users move around the city easily, quickly and in a sustainable manner.
The app aggregates information about ATM public transport with information on railway stations, airports, car-sharing, BikeMi and cycle paths. With ATM Milano you can also buy tickets using a credit card or by texting. Thanks to its customizable home page you can move around the theme areas to organise your favourites and other contents at best.
These are the ATM Milano functions:
- Around: localises points of interest
- Routes: helps calculate public transport itineraries
- Lines: shows the route and stops of one or more lines on the map
- Tickets: use to purchase tickets by credit card, save them in your reserved area and see when they expire after validation. Here you can purchase tickets via text without having to register - the cost is debited directly to your telephone credit (more information in “Instructions”)
- Radiobus di Quartiere: reserve the service
- Search: use to find an address, a stop or a place
- Favourites: saves your most frequently used stops and points of interest. You can also choose what to see on the home page from here
- Stops: find a stop by entering the name or code
- Metro: use to view the metro network map and verify its condition
- ATM Point: informs on the number of people waiting. You can also take your virtual ticket here
- News: gives news on traffic and other ATM activities
- Information: gives information on all ATM services related to tickets, season tickets, parking and more.
Read the Personal Data Protection Policy on the ATM web site
Bugfix and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It is a good start, unfortunately only sells tickets for traveling within the city limits
The Giromilano section is great, but once you've found out which route to take... you can only buy tickets to travel within the city limits, which can easily bought at any vending machine. The App does not allow to purchase all the other tickets (extra-urbani) which are rather difficult to find.
Essential for Milan
This is the best public transportation app I’ve ever used in the States and abroad. With this app, there’s no need to purchase paper tickets for street level tram travel (show inspectors app screen to prove valid time remaining). For underground metro, we used the PNR codes to print out physical tickets or used the QR scanner via iPhone to use directly at the turnstiles. The journey planner provided accurate navigation routes. The app links directly to PayPal or credit card, which saved us from fishing for loose change every time we used public transportation The instructions in English are accurate and thorough. I only wish American public transportation authorities would develop a similar and effective app. This is essential for travel in Milan.
Bot very useful
To plan your trip it is easier and faster to use google maps, to buy a ticket, it is easier just to send a text message to ATM instead of paying through PayPal. The app crashes frequently. The loading time (logo animation) is long and unnecessary. The layout confusing (when you want to buy a ticket it looks like you can only buy the special Rho ticket, why isn’t a normal ticket listed there?)
- Azienda Trasporti Milanesi s.p.a.
- 54.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © ATM, Azienda Trasporti Milanesi SpA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.