This tool shows you the ultimate precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the time from an atomic time server.
We are proud to offer version 5 of the Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock. The program is one of the classic applications since the early days of the Apple App Store and has been continually improved based on user feedback.
The Gorgy Timing Atomic Clock shows the precise time of day. To achieve this, it uses a special internet time protocol to fetch the ultimate precise time from cesium atomic clocks available on the internet, or any other time server you like.
The graphical display mimics the clock display of the legendary Gorgy Timing clocks, which are used in professional radio and television studios, and we spent much effort to bring the original feeling of these wickedly expensive clocks to your iPhone. This app is used by BBC studios, astronomers, concert promoters, etc.
Version 5 contains the following functions:
* Universal support for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices running iOS 8 or higher (including iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, and all of the latest iPads and iPads Pro)
* Optimized for iOS 13 and watchOS 6, full 64 bit support
* Alarm function with snooze (touch anywhere on the screen), volume fade-in, based on weekdays
* Alarm time based on seconds (not minutes)
* Local time / UTC time mode
* Alarm notification window instead of normal alarm sound, if app is not running or in the background
* Use playlists or a manual picker selection from your own music library as alarm sounds
* The alarm sound is also playing when the device is muted, or the display is switched off, and also works in AirPlay environments
* Customizable time server sources
* Colors: green, red, blue, yellow, white, dark green, violet, pink, orange, turquoise and hidden, with a separate color option for digits, seconds and segments
* Alternative visual display of fractional seconds (1/60th sec. resolution)
* 12/24 hours display
* Optional second tick sound
* Full landscape support (including settings dialog)
* Touching the display lets the buttons and status bar fade out
* Touching the display again will add the current date (in all orientations)
* Disabled screen auto-lock
* Options "sync at startup", "hourly", "daily", or a sync button for manual syncing
* The last known time delta is used when started without sync
* "Night mode", which dims the display using a slider, shows the seconds with only one dot (to prevent a hard brightness switch between second 59 and second 0), switches off the tick sound, and reduces screen updates to save battery
* To minimize burn-in effects (especially on the iPhone X OLED display), the clock is doing micro movements when running longer than 5 minutes
* VoiceOver support
Answers to common questions:
* An application can not set your device's system time, so a time sync between the atomic time and the device time is not possible.
* If you want to wakeup with music, please do not exit the app before going to sleep (which would result in a local notification dialog without music in the morning), and do not lock your device. Be aware that running an application all the time, even without display, consumes battery, so please make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before you go to bed, connect it to your charger, or use the app's Night mode, which is much more energy-saving.
Here are the changes (v5.32):
* It is reported that mobile providers will switch their mobile data networks to IPv6-only soon, so I completely rewrote the network routines to work well under IPv6-only networks too
* Button positions have slighly changed to look better on borderless devices like the iPhone 11
Can you believe, that this is the 52nd update of the Atomic Clock app since it started with V1.00? If you like the app, you can send me a small tip through the app. Thank you!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sempre meglior, always gets better
I have been using this app since about 2009, and I’ve always liked it. Year-by-year, it gets better. It would be nice if I could choose a different language for the display of text, which would permit me to see “venerdì 30 ago“ instead of “Friday Aug. 30.“ as of now, it seems to be locked in English. I just changed the system language of my iPhone (and rebooted) to Italian and almost everything shows up in Italian, but the app still tells me that it’s Friday, August 30 instead of venerdì 30 agosto. Thus, it is not simply using the system language of the phone. This must really enrage the French. I do not doubt the developers will attend to this, because they are quite obviously alert and attentive.
Developer Response ,
I'm really sorry, but the app is not localized for the Italian language. It is very hard work to keep the app updated with the six languages it currently supports, so I've stopped adding new languages some years ago :-/ Sorry again!
GREAT App From REAL Developers
To add to my original review, I really appreciate the constant updates of this app. It really shows the way "real" developers work and stand by their products. These guys (gals?) are NOT the stereotypical "hit and run" app developers.
It takes REAL INTEGRITY to stand by an app from pretty much the start of the App Store (and we need all the integrity we can get these days, no matter where it comes from! ;-).
I'm not sure why, but the recently added "440 Hz" mode sounds particularly cool (or maybe familiar?) to me. Give it a try, but make sure you wait until the minute changes and you get the "alternate" tone.
Long Time User: It is all about The Time
This was the second app that I obtained when I got my first Apple iOS device. Being involved in amatuer astronomy access to a fairly accurate time readout is a necessity. Having used the app pretty much since Rev: 1.0 I can state that the maintenance is consistent and the availability of the app is excellent. Using the app in North America and in Europe no difficulty in obtaining a time synch has been see,
It is a good app for general use as well. Night clock, alarm clock, and as a time tick.
- 11.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2020, CompuLab
- In-App Purchases
- Good work. $1.99
- Great app! $4.99
- Nice job $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.