LISTENING IS THE NEW READING
Welcome to Audible, an Amazon company. Home of the world’s largest selection of audiobooks, audio shows, and original series.
Hear A-list celebrities narrate their favorite stories, enjoy full-cast performances, discover Grammy® award-winning audiobooks, and more. Listen to your audiobooks anytime, anywhere—at home or on the go with our free app. Even if you switch devices, you'll never lose your place.
Download the Audible app free today.
WHAT’S TO LOVE
- Explore new releases, best-sellers, mysteries, sci-fi, romance, and memoirs – whatever your passion you're sure to find the perfect listen.
- Keep up to date on current trends, news, and events with Audible original audio shows and top stories from The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others.
- Whether you’re relaxing at home, commuting to work, at the gym, or just doing chores, there’s a story for every activity.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- IT by Stephen King
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson
- I Can’t Make This Up by Kevin Hart
- Artemis by Andy Weir
EXPLORE FEATURES FOR THE AUDIOBOOK LISTENER
- Download your books to listen to offline.
- Automatically sync your audiobooks across all your devices.
- Customize your narration speed.
- Set a sleep timer for up to an hour, or until the next chapter.
- Seamlessly switch between listening to audiobooks and reading ebooks on your Amazon Kindle with Whispersync for Voice
Are you an Audible Escape subscriber? Browse, download and listen to Audible Escape love stories right in the app.
AUDIBLE APP FOR APPLE WATCH
Now you can leave your phone at home and take your Audible books with you on Apple Watch.
Sync your Audible titles from your iPhone and play them from your Apple Watch via Bluetooth. Rewind, pause or set a sleep timer from your watch.
Experience the freedom of hands-free listening: stay active while listening to best selling audio books or hit the road, sit back and enjoy while commuting. Available on Apple Watch Series 1 or higher.
HERE’S HOW TO GET STARTED
1. Download the free Audible app
2. Sign in securely with your Amazon account
3. Choose any book to start listening. Your first book is free
WHAT OUR LISTENERS ARE SAYING
“I have felt every range of emotion while listening, getting so caught up that I’m actually ‘happy’ to hit traffic” – James C. Listener since 2010
“My son wouldn’t read. But he listened to book after book and loved them so much, he learned to read!” – Noelle C. Listener since 2006
“I find that audiobooks bring a story to life, and add a dimension to the characters that reading doesn’t always give me.” – Laura H. Listener since 2001
“After my daughter was born, I simply didn’t have time to curl up with a good book anymore. Audible gave that back to me.” Jay O. Listener since 2011
Download the free Audible audiobook player and start listening!
• Audible Escape subscribers can more easily find titles included in their unlimited listening package by browsing by featured category
• It's now easier than ever for Audible Members to be able to choose their two Audible Originals each month
• We've made the now playing and settings screens more accessible to VoiceOver users
• Fixed a crash that could occur when downloading items in your library
• Fixed an issue where contacting Customer Service would fail for some users
• Fixed the issue where the Chapters list incorrectly displayed chapters that haven't yet completed downloading
• Fixed a layout issue in Discover that caused text to be clipped for certain titles
• Fixed the Clips & Bookmarks screen so that the timestamp is always visible
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when skipping to a different chapter
We’re constantly striving to make your Audible listening experience better. If you have feedback or suggestions, please reach out to us at audible.com/help or on Twitter @audible.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed with App Change
I’ve been an avid member for I’m thinking at least a decade and I just discovered that you have removed all my reading statistics and levels of accomplishment in the app. Naturally I won’t quit but I loved that aspect of the app and it gave me a continued sense of achievement and accomplishment. Please return this feature it means so much to me or show or tell me where you moved it to. Thanks for listening.
I have now discovered that my review above is not exactly correct the statistics are still there. However, because I had two accounts, recently consolidated into one the one I have remaining shows me as having achieved scholar while in fact I have long since passed Master level. That bothers me greatly. May seem a small issue to but not I. Also, what’s the level above Master as when your records are updated I will surpass that easily. Even if you don’t make the update I will still obliterate Master level and there must be others. Anyway once I hear from you I will update to 5 stars.
Finally, I wish you would find a way where I can find and purchase books inside the App if apple don’t like it so what, just buy them out and make a better policy.
Developer Response ,
Our team would like to take a closer look into this experience. Please send an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you. ^WW
Better and better- not perfect
This app gets better and better but it isn't perfect. The app has great features and a few clunky ones. More good ones than it used to have. They are being improved over time. All in all, I'm happy with my experience. I can return books I didn't like if they are returned within 6 months. I don't read (listen to) them that quickly. I buy faster than I listen to them. Some times I finish them and the "finished" indication doesn't stay associated with the book through app revisions. Not Cool!
The stories included in the titles are often well done but some presentations need serious rework - not many - but the choice for presenter could sometimes be improved. I've listened to a couple dozen different presenters by now ( a couple hundred books ). If those that were "flat" could be trained or replaced with more skilled people a lot of the stories would be better but, sometimes the story is the problem and that is a shame. It becomes easier to tell the difference between problems in story and presentation as you hear more of each. The short samples offered before you buy are most helpful ( at least to me ) only after my ear has become trained by listening to a goodly number of books by many presenters.
Loses my place
I love listening to books and have been enjoying that there are so many available on audibles. I keep encountering problems though...I prefer to listen at 1.25 speed and it reverts back to 1.0 with every pause.
I’ve learned I must bookmark frequently because I will undoubtedly be at the beginning of a book no matter where it left off (it divides books into fours and each of the 4 has chapters 1-11 or so, so book 2 has chapters 1-11 too instead of 12-21 making it close to impossible to figure out where you are...at minimum very time consuming.) and have to listen to recognize whether or not I’ve been there yet. Also, I’ve learned to listen to what chapter the narrator names just so I will be able to find my soon to be lost place in the event that the bookmark too fails. The version of the app that comes up on my iPhone quickly doesn’t have bookmarks, so I have to hit the home button, find the actual app and only there can I reset the speed and set the bookmark or retrieve a bookmark.
I find the most frustrating thing is that it keeps returning to the beginning of the “book” I was in instead of the place in the chapter.
Developer Response ,
Please check for updates to the Audible app and your device's OS, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if this issue persists. ^WW
- Audible, Inc.
- 94 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.