Audibly is an offline music player and wireless surround sound system for iOS devices. To add music, copy music files, like m4a, wav, and mp3, through the built-in file manager. Then Audibly will automatically sort through all the files and organize a new music library.
Audibly has an extremely accurate syncing engine, making a crystal clear listening experience.
Also, you can connect up to 8 (possibly more...) iOS devices over WiFi and use them as wireless, surround sound speakers. Audibly has a system to keep the devices' music in sync. Place all the iOS devices around a large room, turn up the volume, and enjoy the music.
• File manager to transfer music files
• Create a playlist of songs from your own library
• Control the volume across all the devices
• Automatically organizes music files into a library
• Music kept in sync as you listen
• Favorite what’s playing to come back to it later
• No Internet connection required*
* Music can be streamed over Peer-to-Peer Wi-Fi on newer, supported devices, anywhere you are without an Internet connection. Devices can also connect over a Wi-Fi network.
• New Synchronization Setting called Accurate Sync, which uses advanced new technique to support many more devices than ever before. Now you can use up to ten or more devices in perfect sync, down to the millisecond, in a responsible enough environment.
Ratings and Reviews
Neat idea but flawed
Not iPad-native (but does run).
Sync is off, although close-ish. OK for having music in separate rooms, where you can't really hear multiple devices well at once. (Maybe mic could be used to correct?)
Only plays local downloads, yet shows your whole cloud library that can't be played--you have to sift through masses of songs that don't work to find the local ones that do. They shouldn't be shown.
Makes you turn off Bluetooth instead of simply not using it. Big problem for users of Apple Watch, Bluetooth keyboards, etc.
On the bright side, it's a neat idea and very easy to use. Looking forward to any future developments, although it has been a few years.
Ever since Seedio was shelved years ago I’ve been hoping for a replacement and this app doesn’t disappoint. One thing though, the synchronicity feature needs to be able to negative for me to use it to it’s best. Other than that and some minor teething troubles it’s golden.
Could be amazing.
This is an awesome idea, and I'd very much like to have the app to use! The interface is simple and effective, and it all looks wonderful. Yet there are absolutely things that could be improved.
Of course, I'm sure the synchronization is very hard to perfect in terms of software, but the fact remains that syncing the music is pretty much the biggest part of this app/concept. When I tried it out between my iPod and iPhone (former broadcasting, latter listening) it sounded as though the iPhone was playing the music a little slower than the iPod. The beats seemed different, thus there was a slight delay (which I suppose could be acceptable, though frustrating as all hell).
If this could somehow be remedied I'll be forcing the app in my friends' faces right away!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Playr Inc
- 37.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Playr Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.