Featuring Vocal Tune Studio (in-app purchase)! Pitch and time editing for vocal recordings.
Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, pitch and time editing of vocals (*), unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor (including triplets)
• Automatically or manually tune your vocals with Vocal Tune Studio (*) : an editor to correct pitch and time of vocal recordings and the timing of any audio material. It features retune time, retune amount, volume and formant correction per note as well as vibrato controls.
• Add tempo and time signature changes including gradual tempo change
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Flexible effect routing: an unlimited number of effects can be placed on a grid, featuring parallel effect paths.
• Assign LFO's to effect parameters or lock parameters to tempo
• Sidechain on the compressor effects
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Virtual analog synthesizer 'Evolution One' featuring morphing oscillators, FM, Sub Osc, Noise, Portamento, 2 LFO's that can be routed to 12 targets, Moog type filtering, effects, ARP, sequencer and more!
• Soundfont (sf2/sfz) support: free GS/GM Soundfont included, add more from the Soundfont shop or from your own collection
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Track freezing to save CPU usage
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• Ghost track display on the piano roll
• MIDI clock sync
• MIDI remote control
• Punch in/out
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• Multi-core support
• AudioShare support
• Trackpad support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• ToneBoosters V4 Barricade
• ToneBoosters V4 BitJuggler
• ToneBoosters V4 Compressor
• ToneBoosters V4 Enhancer
• ToneBoosters V4 EQ
• ToneBoosters V4 MBC (multi-band compressor)
• ToneBoosters V4 ReelBus
• ToneBoosters V4 Reverb
• ToneBoosters V4 Sibilance
• ToneBoosters V4 Voice Pitcher
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer and Vocal Tune PRO, both real-time vocal pitch correction effects
• Vocal Tune Studio: auto tune your vocals, pitch and time correction
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
* Clips can now be removed during playback (with a small pause).
* Attempting to split an audio clip at its start (for example due to the grid setting) could cause an error message that the length of the audio clip was negative or zero. Solved.
* Solved a crash that could occur when MIDI input was received during loading of a project.
* A center pitch bend event is now sent at the start of playback for tracks using a SoundFont.
Ratings and Reviews
Recorded 48 tracks from my Midas M32r!
Great DAW app removed one star because it’s a CPU hog when running instrument synths. AUM can handle 8 plus synth apps on my iPad Pro, AE gets cpu overloads with 4 synths. I hope this can be fixed in an update. Great for backup recordings to my iPad off my M32r so its worth the price just for that, and able to get files off to my Mac Pro easily unlike N-track where you have to jump through hoops to get them off. That being said N track has easily selectable channel outputs when connected to my board, with AE you have to setup mix buses to output each track to separate channels. N track creates them for you when you select an output. N track also can handle a lot more AU synths. I really like AE so hoping they keep improving on it and for the price it can’t be beat.
I have all of the iOS DAWs and this one is #1
Like the title says, I have all the iOS DAWs including Auria Pro, Cubasis 2, GarageBand, Nano Studio 2......etc, etc. I have used Auria Pro and Cubasis 2 as my main workhorses. Auria Pro for its bussing, Cubasis 2 because of its much better work flow. By sheer accident or by divine fate I stumbled upon this DAW and at first I almost passed it by. With the puny $9 price point what could it possibly offer that I already had? Well, for whatever reason I decided to download it. My two biggest gripes about Cubasis are the lack of busses and lack of markers, which is something I use quite a bit of. Auria Pro has the busses but I just cannot get into the workflow of that software. Audio Evolution has it all and more! The workflow is seamless AND it covers busses and markers. I think the developers have lost their mind on the price point! If you are looking for an iOS DAW or are just tired of all the work arounds required by the others then I seriously suggest giving Audio Evolution a try. THIS is what I’ve been looking for all along! I’ve been an iOS musician since 2014 and a recording musician for over 35 years, so I’ve had some experience with these things. I finally feel like my search for an iOS DAW is over.
Deluxe features Obsolete file handing
There are levels of control this app offers that are deluxe and not found in competitors and I wish I could love it more than Cubasis3 , even though overall feels a bit stiff workflow wise. There is no simple browser mode to gain access to all save or share locations now so abundant since Apple granted easy usb options for iPhones and iPads running ‘modern’ iOS versions. I should choose where I want a saved file to end up, on my device, external drive, or micro sdxc… without going online/cloud then download back to device if your cloud server allows it…other than to photos app only option. Adds way too many limitations…a “Cold War” artefact from the time Apple made it impossible to use mobile devices for creative work by limiting access to that work from anywhere but the app it was originally recorded in.
Also, high on resources use, admittedly I was using Audio Evolution on an old iPhone 8+ but I got a lot more tracks working with competitors who offer a more contemporary although (appropriately) also more expensive app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Davy Wentzler
- 153.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © eXtream Software Development
- In-App Purchases
- Vocal Tune $4.99
- PRO (very old versions only) $9.99
- ToneBoosters FX pack 1 $4.99
- ToneBoosters EQ $1.99
- ToneBoosters Compressor $1.99
- Vocal Tune Studio $14.99
- FX pack 2 (Graphic EQ) $1.99
- FX pack 1 $1.99
- ToneBoosters Ferox $1.99
- Trap Step 2 sample pack $0.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.