Record your ideas on the go or create entire music productions from scratch, we'll leave it up to you! This app is a portable multitrack audio and MIDI recording studio featuring virtual instruments, editing with unlimited undo/redo, mixing, real-time effects, automation and much more!
We'd appreciate any feedback or bug reports!
• Multitrack audio recording / playback
• MIDI sequencing with piano roll editor and MPE support
• Drum pattern editor
• Inter-app audio effects and instruments
• AudioBus support (including AudioBus remote)
• Audio Unit instruments, effects and AU MIDI
• Soundfont (sf2/sfz) support: free GS/GM Soundfont included, add more from the Soundfont shop or from your own collection
• Non-linear editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade, time-stretching etc. with full undo/redo
• Virtual instruments (comes with free instruments and more instrument packs to download)
• Track freezing to save CPU usage
• Clip volume and fade points
• Loop playback
• Automation of mixer and effect parameters
• Mix-down to WAV, AIFF and ALAC
• Punch in/out
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks and groups
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• Media server to access your files easily from a desktop computer
• AudioShare support
• Cloud sync using Google Drive and Dropbox
In short: a complete portable multitrack music studio that will replace your fourtrack recorder or tape machine!
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to expand your studio:
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters effect pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• ToneBoosters Ferox
• Vocal Tune with two-voice harmonizer
• Soundfont instrument packs
• Loop packs from Function Loops
The 'PRO' in-app purchase is only for people who downloaded version 1.x in the past and is not applicable to version 2.0 or higher.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! We'll gladly solve any problem!
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
* Added ‘Copy to app’ item to the clip and range pop-up menu for audio tracks
* The ‘Next’ button was only partially visible on the iPhone X in the virtual keyboard screen. Solved.
* Output selection for the master channel did not work. Solved.
* Solved an issue where output would become silent.
* When returning from another app (like IAA), the audio session was not active which would result in failure when adding other IAA’s. Solved.
* The app could crash when adding an effect failed while playing. Solved.
Ratings and Reviews
AUv3 working without issue so far. The only thing I’d like to mention is(not a big deal scrolling on a small screen doesn’t take long but)when zoomed in and editing with scrolling on. When you press stop after a listen to see if the edit was good... The screen automatically scrolls to the end of the track. Kind of annoying when zoomed in and doing some major editing. The area that I am editing is looped so make sure you loop the area. Actually, one last thing. I could do without the range limit on the fade in fade out. Unless you guys recommend to just do one side at a time. I’ve been chopping my track into small samples maybe doing fade/in first then fade out per sample might work better anyway. zooming in should adjust the range limit accordingly to the size you are working with. Either way great app.
Easy to use, but does not work with AltiSpace
I like how quickly I can get tracks down with the software, and really like the operational flow. And since the recent update fixed the prior issue with AltiSpace, this is now my go-to program. I also own Auria and GarageBand, but using this, once you get the hang of it, is cassette deck simple and fast, and has most if not all of the horsepower of Auria, but hidden under the hood, just where I want it. From the the time the notion hits to record a song, to the time it is being recorded is measured in seconds, including plugging in a mic, with great audio quality and plenty of built in effects. Great job!
This is The iOS DAW to buy
After spending a downright embarrassing amount of money on other iOS DAWs that never seem to get it quite right, I am so pleased that I have found Audio Evolution mobile.
This app is a real gem and if you’re looking for a DAW I highly recommend that you start with this one. Then you can spend the rest of your time making music instead of falling into the endless cycle of searching for a workable DAW, spending money and getting frustrated.
And guess what, this developer actually answers questions too! Promptly even!
- Davy Wentzler
- 108 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © eXtream Software Development
- In-App Purchases
- PRO (v1.x only) $5.99
- Vocal Tune $2.99
- ToneBoosters FX pack 1 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.