••• Are some of the MP3 files you add to Audiobook Builder shorter than they should be? We're testing a fix. Learn more at https://www.splasmata.com/?p=3657. •••
• Import directly from audio CDs: As you import, Audiobook Builder automatically ejects each CD and asks for the next.
• Join the audio files you already have: Already ripped your CDs or have a collection of audio files? Audiobook Builder can quickly join them together.
• Create enhanced chapter stops: Group files into chapters with custom names and artwork.
• Choose your own quality settings: Use the built-in presets or customize the audio settings to your personal taste.
• Drag & drop straight from Music or iTunes and build directly to Books, Music, or iTunes.
• Ready for macOS 11 Big Sur. Built for Intel and Apple Silicon.
• Zaps a potenial ‘mdat’ atom length issue. This hasn’t prevented playback in Apple’s audiobook or music players, but could’ve affected third-party players or devices.
• Includes minor user interface adjustments.
Ratings and Reviews
only found this program recently - wish I had found it sooner - does exactly as advertised and very well - great a consolidating multiple mp3 (e.g. ripped CD) into a single file to make it much easier to work with in iTunes…and places the new file directly in iTunes if you ask it to…(for now I keep my audiobooks on an older machine with iTunes, until Books allows us to point the audiobooks folder to an external location - I’m sure it will be as good at directing new files there when this happens - maybe in Big Sur? - this is an Apple deal, not this program) - expect to keep using this for some time to come - typical workhorse program for me
So happy to have found Audiobook Builder 2
Ihave borrowed a loat of audiobooks from the local library over the years and added them to my computer so I could listen to them on my iPhone. Always used iTunes even though it often did not provide an easy method to save all the information I wanted to add to each book. Audiobook Builder gives me an easy way to put the tracks on my computer. As someone else said in their review, this just works! Easy to follow screens walk you through what is needed complete with a tutorial. Please exparess my appreciaation to the developers!
Awesome app but a few things are missing
The app needs the ability to import .cue files for chapter breaks, or markers from other audio editors. This would enable us to add chapters without re-encoding.
The app needs more flexibility on what metadata you can add or omit. More like Subler, it should allow you to pick and choose which fields you want to add. For example, even if you're just outputting a single file, it will automatically tag the file with "track 1/1" which will cause Itunes to rename the file as "01 <book title>" in the author folder of Itunes media. This can make it hard to sort by file name in your Itunes media files, and isn't necessary unless you're outputting a split file.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Splasm Software, Inc.
- 20.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2020 Splasm Software, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.