generates audio test signals and can save audio test signals as audio files.
AudioTest generates audio test signals and can save audio test signals as audio files.
• Wave types: sine wave, triangle wave, sawtooth wave, square wave, pulse wave, anti-aliased sawtooth wave, anti-aliased square wave, anti-aliased pulse wave, uniform distribution white noise, pink noise, brown noise, and Gaussian distribution white noise
• Frequency: fixed, linear sweep, and logarithmic sweep
• Level: fixed, linear sweep, and logarithmic sweep
• Phase shift: ±180 degrees
• Sample rates: 11.025k, 22.05k, 32k, 44.1k, 48k, 88.2k, 96k, 176.4k, and 192k
• Bit depths: 8-bit, 16-bit, 24-bit integers, and 32-bit float
• Channels: mono, stereo, left, and right
• Level meters: peak, RMS (root-mean-square), and average
• Save audio test signal as an audio file
• Keyboard shortcuts to adjust various parameters
• Undo/Redo support for parameter changes
• AppleScript scripting support
NOTE: The iTunes or Music apps doesn't accept caf files. You can open the caf file using QuickTime Player, export it with "Audio Only" as an m4a file from the File menu, and import the m4a file into the iTunes or Music app with "Add to Library" or "Import" from the File menu.
• Added Apple silicon support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent App, Excellent Developer!
I’ve used this app for many years. It has frequently come in handy for many different kinds of audio work. It is highly configurable, and has a massive feature set. Works very well, and is very easy to understand.
Such a bargain! I don’t know what I’d do without this app!
Versitle, but with a significant deficiency
The one problem is that the volume slider is not scaled well for selecting low frequencies. That is that it is very difficult to adjust the low frequency with the slider. I realize you can type in a value, but if you re hunting a specific frequency (such as a low frequency resonance) the slider is pretty useless.
Another feature that would be really useful would be a left-right balance control (db calibrated lik the vonulme controls).
Otherwise it works well. Unfortunately, I have to seek out another app with more fine control.
Does one thing. Does it perfect.
Everyone who uses their Mac for serious audio needs this simple, intuitve, and solid app. From generating (and exporting!) waves, noise, frequency sweeps, phase alignment and more, this is the go-to app you need to quality reference and test tones.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Katsura Shareware
- 705.1 KB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Katsura Shareware
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.