Auria LE is a "lite" version of Auria with a very limited set of features. If you'd like a more complete version of Auria, we suggest looking at either Auria or Auria Pro. These are also available in the App Store.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
Experience the power of Auria in a streamlined version. Record, edit, and mix your music using essential tools taken from the full version, but in a less expensive package designed for those who don’t need every feature packed into Auria or Auria Pro.
Auria LE is a 24-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog (available via In-App purchase), Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 24 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files (upgradable to unlimited tracks).
• Up to 8 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (upgradable to 24 tracks of recording) Camera Connection Kit required.
• 24-bit recording
• Supports sample rate of 44.1KHz only (upgradable to support 48K and 96K sample rates)
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• Third party effect plugin support available via in-app purchase (only iOS-version plugins are supported. All plugins must be purchased through the in-app store)
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 2 Assignable subgroups(upgradable to 8) and 2 aux sends
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, duplicate, separate, gain, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support (iPad 3 or greater)
• Ripple Edit mode
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project with adjustable offset times and video export capability
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks and subgroups
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Adjustable pan laws
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 4 or later strongly recommended.
Requires iOS 7 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are registered trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
- Fixed issue when installing Auria on certain iPad models
- Fixed issue when opening Import AAF window
- Fixed issue with bluetooth MIDI panel
- Fixed issue with record level control
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Convenient Optimized Alternative to Desktop Production
I’ve followed the internal upgrade path and use the latest version of Auria Pro with all FabFilter synths and effects. I own basically every major music app and DAW but each time I try to use an alternative to AP, I immediately miss the CPU-optimized efficiency of both the FabFilter plugins when hosted through AP, and the deep multisampled EX24/SFZ acoustic instruments in Lyra. With the recent update allowing fast, convenient, intuitive chaining of midi au (including the Atom piano roll) there is nothing that bears fair comparison to the musical experience and control AP offers on iPad.
What Do You Want To Do?
As of this writing I have spent a good deal of time with every popular DAW for iOS. This is a front runner, not without its flaws, but a contender. Audio time shifting is nice, sub groups, automation, channel effects...all good. MIDI editing is pretty good, the MIDI effects are really nice (compression, humanizing, and time shifting).
You can’t build a MIDI track while looping. It has a strong punch-in function. Multi-IO hardware support. The audio and MIDI scrubbing is virtually useless. Support is mediocre, they have taken to not listing bug fixes in their updates but referring you to a forum post. One might get the sense WML is losing its love for Auria.
Again though, one of the best...pricy, but good.
Version 1.06 is Outstanding
This app is fantastic. Tracking/editing/mixing all work superbly. The effects sound very good. Several major bugs were fixed in this version so folks that previously had reservations about stability can put them to rest. I will say that to utilize Audiobus or have larger projects going it would definitely be in your best interest to have an iPad 3 or later (Wavemachine Labs does mention this in the release notes). Just waiting for MIDI sequencing/editing and VST instruments that can run inside the app it will be a full five stars (might have to wait for the next iPad for that, but I hope not). In any case, the time of the iOS DAW has arrived people, embrace it!
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Drumagog Effect Add-On $19.99
- Classic Verb Pro Effects Add-on $9.99
- PSP Echo Delay Effect Plug-in $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.