Auria Pro - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Introducing Auria Pro. The first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad. With professional-level features like comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, optional third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSP, Overloud and Drumagog, AAF import/export, and powerful busing, Auria Pro clearly sets a new standard for mobile music production.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
• Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
• FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
• Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
• Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
• Piano roll editor
• Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
• Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
• Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
• Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
• User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
• Audio quantizing
• Audio transient to MIDI conversion
• Transient slicing
• Project templates
• Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip and MasterStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plug-in support via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• AudioUnit (AU) and Inter-app audio (IAA) plugin support, including support for MIDI processing plugins
• DropBox, Audiobus, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate looping
• Automatic sample rate conversion
iPad 4 or later
iOS 7.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
- Fixed issue when installing Auria on certain iPad models
- Fixed issue when opening Import AAF window
- Fixed issue with bluetooth MIDI panel
- Fixed issue with record level control
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Since iProTools is only available in fever dreams...
This bad boy on an iPad Pro actually makes for some truly serious professional audio mixing capability on a mobile device. Choose Auria Pro over Cubasis 3 for the foreseeable future for sure. Editing in Auria Pro is a touch screen revelation. Most flexible routing of any iPad DAW, hands down. Effects are sonically stellar. The audio/MIDI quantizing and processing make breathing life into your sequences a breeze. Only real con is the lack of a serious rhythmic sampler sequencer tool. Most people’s sample libraries consist of wav or aiff one shots. Who the hell wants to fiddle with making an sf2 instrument every time they put together a kit? At the end of the day it’s really only a minor annoyance that’s easily covered by any number of decent AU plugins.
I had high hopes for this daw, however I am running into a bit of issues. When turning up or turning down volume on the mixer, it’s not showing the levels, it’s staying at one consistent level even though I can hear levels are going up and down. This is very frustrating considering mixing is very visual. So there’s that issue. Also things seems very buggy, buttons get hit without me tapping it. Tracks are not syncing or staying together even when I have the multi tool selected. I can see what they are trying to do but they are a lot of issues. Also have registered my email and still haven’t received what I’m was told i would. Have been debating between this and the other go to daw out there for about three weeks, went with this one for the fabfilter plug ins (which you still have to pay for, thought they came with it. Not upset they don’t tho, I understand. Honestly so far I don’t see the big hoopla and feel kinda screwed, I bought for myself for my birthday (it’s on Thursday);and ehh, just not too happy. I will continue to try to make it work for me. But maybe this isn’t for everyone, or maybe I’m experiencing some issues others aren’t. But to not visually see my audio in the mixer is wack af.
#1 iOS DAW but recent issues
This was once my main DAW, until it began having MiDi issues and hasn’t been fixed for a long time. It was once untouchabley flawless back when they implemented their own midi keyboard and pads within the app. I don’t know if it’s an issue with the dev’s at Auria (doubtful) or with Apple (most likely), but I just want it to work like it use to. It’s a bummer loosing critical features.
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- C7 Grand Piano
- Rock Drum Kit
- Elektromorph Drum Kit
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.