Auria Pro - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Introducing Auria Pro. The first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad. With professional-level features like comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, optional third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSP, Overloud and Drumagog, AAF import/export, and powerful busing, Auria Pro clearly sets a new standard for mobile music production.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
• Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
• FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
• Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
• Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
• Piano roll editor
• Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
• Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
• Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
• Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
• User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
• Audio quantizing
• Audio transient to MIDI conversion
• Transient slicing
• Project templates
• Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip and MasterStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plug-in support via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• AudioUnit (AU) and Inter-app audio (IAA) plugin support, including support for MIDI processing plugins
• DropBox, Audiobus, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate looping
• Automatic sample rate conversion
iPad 4 or later
iOS 7.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
- Fixed issue with loading Audio Unit plugins
- Fixed issue with unfreezing tracks
- Added support for 8th generation iPad
- Addressed various stability issues
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I had high hopes for this daw, however I am running into a bit of issues. When turning up or turning down volume on the mixer, it’s not showing the levels, it’s staying at one consistent level even though I can hear levels are going up and down. This is very frustrating considering mixing is very visual. So there’s that issue. Also things seems very buggy, buttons get hit without me tapping it. Tracks are not syncing or staying together even when I have the multi tool selected. I can see what they are trying to do but they are a lot of issues. Also have registered my email and still haven’t received what I’m was told i would. Have been debating between this and the other go to daw out there for about three weeks, went with this one for the fabfilter plug ins (which you still have to pay for, thought they came with it. Not upset they don’t tho, I understand. Honestly so far I don’t see the big hoopla and feel kinda screwed, I bought for myself for my birthday (it’s on Thursday);and ehh, just not too happy. I will continue to try to make it work for me. But maybe this isn’t for everyone, or maybe I’m experiencing some issues others aren’t. But to not visually see my audio in the mixer is wack af.
Nice for importing stems and mixing
As far as mixing goes, I’d say it’s one of the best Daws to mix projects that you record in other Daws and exports stem with. The mixer has most others beat, hands down.....but that’s about the only thing it has the others beat at. To be honest, I don’t understand the developers choices at all when it comes to creating in Auria Pro. Just about every other IOS Daw is more fluid.
There’s no manual punching in like every other IOS Daw has, now you have to turn on and off midi when your recording midi instruments if you don’t want to trigger instruments other than the one you want to record. If you do have an audio track armed and want to auto punch, you can’t hear the audio on the armed track.
In short, the recording aspect of it is a train wreck for me personally. Again, mixing in it is great and one of the things that it did have over other Daws were the FabFilter plugins but now that they are auv3 plugins now it doesn’t really have that going for it over other Daws anymore.
This Daw just gets in the way of the flow in too many ways. Other Daw let you arm and disarm track while the song is playing, punch in on the fly if that spark hits you while the track is playing, don’t require disabling midi and enabling midi on instrument tracks, they just play the instrument on the track you have selected, in short, they are just more fluid, whereas this doesn’t feel fluid at all.
Instruments Not 12.9" iPad Pro Optimized
- This is the closest thing to a desktop DAW available for iOS. It's got an amazing set of features for an iOS app.
- The mixer and sequencer sections are optimized to fit and utilize the screen real-estate of the 12.9" iPad Pro. That's great!
BUT, none... NONE of the instruments are optimized for the 12.9" iPad Pro. So, that means that using the keyboard/drum pads on the instruments is nearly impossible.
- Customer service has responded to my query about optimizing for the iPad Pro 12.9". They say that they're working on changing the UI of Lyra, the sampler... but, have no info on progress towards updating FabFilter Twin 2 (arguably the best instrument), and FabFilter One will likely not be recieving any update.
- There is no way to know the progress of IAP downloads; There is a window that says they've been 'restored', and to wait for them to download... but, no indication of thier progress.
- Apps which should work with InterApp Audio do not work... notably Samplr.
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- C7 Grand Piano
- Rock Drum Kit
- Elektromorph Drum Kit
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.