Auria Pro - Mobile Music Production. Redefined.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
Introducing Auria Pro. The first Digital Audio Workstation designed from the ground up for iPad. With professional-level features like comprehensive MIDI support, built-in sampler player and analog synths, real-time audio warping, optional third-party plug-in support from names like FabFilter, PSP, Overloud and Drumagog, AAF import/export, and powerful busing, Auria Pro clearly sets a new standard for mobile music production.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks
• Lyra multi-format sample player with a free downloadable 4GB sample library. Lyra is a true disk streaming sampler, capable of playing multi-GB sample instruments. Supports SFZ, EXS and SF2
• FabFilter Twin2 and One analog synthesizers included
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible audio interfaces (Lightning to USB Camera adapter required)
• Real-time audio warping using élastique Pro v3, allows audio tracks to be stretched in real time.
• Powerful audio busing system allows flexible routing of audio between tracks, subgroups and Auxes.
• Piano roll editor
• Tempo and Time-signature Tracks
• Real-time MIDI parameters allow immediate control over MIDI tracks
• Comprehensive MIDI processing functions
• Groove quantizing, includes a free set of DNA grooves from Numerical Sound (additional grooves available for purchase).
• User groove extraction from MIDI and audio tracks
• Audio quantizing
• Audio transient to MIDI conversion
• Transient slicing
• Project templates
• Support for external iOS-compatible Hard Drives for project backup
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip and MasterStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes expander, multiband EQ and compressor
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plug-in support via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• StereoDelay, StereoChorus, ClassicVerb and Convolution Reverb plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 6 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology and élastique Pro v3
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• AudioUnit (AU) and Inter-app audio (IAA) plugin support, including support for MIDI processing plugins
• DropBox, Audiobus, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Auto-punch mode
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, busses and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate looping
• Automatic sample rate conversion
iPad 4 or later
iOS 7.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Apple Lightning to USB Camera adapter
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
- Fixed issue with bug-reporting framework on newer iOS versions
Ratings and Reviews
This app needs a new life!
This is a good app that has become plagued with real problems. I cannot help but think that the company has partially abandon the app (it is still updated sometimes, but nothing major). At this point, beyond its many bugs, it needs some serious feature updates to keep par with other current offerings. It feels like they may be preparing for a new version soon, or something, as the app has been in a holding pattern for a while (updates to keep it sort of working, without really updating the apps abilities). So maybe they have some surprises for us in the future. However, as it stands now, this app is not up to snuff for serious work. I hope this situation changes, this app should be the best of what’s out there, as it stands– It just isn’t.
Greatest DAW App!
I’ve spent a lot of money over the years on various audio software searching for that all-in-one DAW. And I found it with iOS. This app has everything I need to produce studio quality recordings using its tools. This app and its developers deserves high appraisal for the amount of work put into it. Talk about powerful. This is exactly what this app is. The developers obviously had a vision and made it happen. There’s no reason this app deserves any low ratings other than one not scoping out, understanding and using this app to its full potential. And there’s a whole lot of room to create with this. Thank you to all who contributed to this apps. Your work is truly appreciated!!!
I’ve just started using this app alongside Cubasis 3 and despite the fact that is seems to offer some more flexible mixing & mastering options, it’s just not very useable. First, the failure to support Apple’s file system is just stupid. Having to rely on DropBox or a transfer from a Mac to get files into Auria is an unnecessary inconvenience. Second, the implementation of touch control in the app is poor. The screen often fails to scroll appropriately and some elements are sluggish to respond. In some cases the screen will not scroll far enough to show all the elements (particularly in the mixer). Finally, I’ve experienced more freezing/crashing with this app than any other I’ve used despite having more than adequate resources available on my iPad.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- C7 Grand Piano $0.00
- Rock Drum Kit $0.00
- Elektromorph Drum Kit $0.00
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.