All bump. No grind.
Dinofarm Games - creators of 100 Rogues - are pleased to present the critically-acclaimed Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure.
TouchArcade ***** - "Auro is one of the rare games in this genre that should please both beginners and experts alike."
Pocket Tactics ***** - "It wants you to see how clever it is, and to show you how clever you are."
Auro introduces a whole new kind of gameplay: Bumping! What's that? Why, it's the strategic use of movement, magic spells, and straight-up bumping to kill monsters to gain points, and become a master Bumper!
Set in an original fantasy universe, guide the brash, spoiled Prince Auro through procedurally generated dungeons, with only a handful of tactical spells - and your wits - to protect you.
Face a variety of monsters, each with their own cool tactical abilities, and then when they least expect it - give 'em a healthy bump - STRAIGHT INTO THE DRINK!
• Procedurally generated maps meaning you'll never face the same challenge twice
• PLAY MODE lets you build up your Rank over time, like an online matchmaking ladder!
• Deep, interesting, and balanced system of gameplay - you can get better at Auro for years
• Crazy emergent complexity! You'll constantly surprise yourself with what's possible
• Nine unique spells that are the result of years of careful balance and testing
• Quick, no-nonsense gameplay.
• 10 Tutorial levels to show you the basics, plus 10 unlockable advanced Tutorials
• Detailed stat-tracking on our RECORDS screen
• A whole cast of colorful and interesting monsters who will give you somethin' to think about!
• The entire game is made up of vibrant, hand-made and fully animated pixel art
• An original thematic soundrack
• Designed from the ground up for use on touchscreens
• Comes with a tutorial, a web manual, a how-to-play gameplay video, and more ways to help you learn
• From Dinofarm Games, the creators of the hit dungeon-crawler 100 Rogues
Requires iOS7 or greater.
Learn more at www.auro-game.com !
Please come say hello at the Dinofarm Forums: http://www.dinofarmgames.com/forum/index.php
The official manual: http://auro-game.com/manual/
Dinofarm Games official site: http://www.dinofarmgames.com
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter at @DinofarmGames!
Like the music? Buy the soundtrack! https://dinofarmgames.bandcamp.com/
- Fixed achievements
- Fixed beta spells leaking into ranked mode
- Fixed some issues with stack push
- Fixed numerous other bugs fixed and other improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Deep gameplay, very difficult
Try as I might I can't make it to 75 points or past level 4, but I keep learning new tricks and don't feel like giving up. Worth a try!
Masterpiece of game design
I’m so happy this game is back on the app store. What’s more, they actually seem to have updated it from last time, adding little balance improvements and even a couple new enemies.
This is one of the best pick-up-and-play roguelikes of all time. Even though the rules are simple, the gameplay is incredibly dynamic. In the higher levels, you are forced to come up with a novel and unique strategy to tackle almost every single enemy. There is no “fluff” here like in-app purchases, leveling, or metaprogression beyond just upping the game’s difficulty. Only rock solid gameplay.
It’s very unique; its closest peer would probably be Into The Breach, but that game is vastly different and not really good for pick-up-and-play. Auro is much more accessible, and worth picking up even if you’re not that into the genre.
My only question is what’s with the icon?? It used to be a cooler icon of the main character, but now it’s just a portrait of one of the weird looking in-game adversaries with the transparency messed up. I get it though — I don’t even maintain my own iOS game, since nobody buys it… I’m just really glad this is back on the app store.
this “anti-Angry Birds” may be the best game for the iPhone/iPad
In this age of flashy, distracting but meaningless mobile games, it’s rare to see a game that’s actually fun, let alone inventive. Auro manages to do both. Give it a shot.
In this turn-based strategy game, you play as a little blond prince who defeats enemies by bumping them into water or pillars of flame. Different spells can do anything from shoot rows of fire to turn you into a raging yeti.
The game can take a while to get into. The art design is unusual, and the spells don’t seem to always make sense at first (launching a fireball on top of an enemy, the instinctual move of almost any other game, is often a wrong choice here—instead you aim to the left of an enemy to knock him into a pit).
Keep at it though, and you’ll find that there’s a lot of internal logic and a great deal of thought and love put into making a nearly perfect strategy game. Easily worth the $5.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dinofarm Games, LLC
- 126.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Dinofarm Games LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.