With the new Autel Explorer App, it's easy to control your Autel Robotics EVO I, EVO II, EVO II Pro, and EVO II Dual. Your mobile device will act as the central monitor (HD Live View) for remote piloting control, aerial photography, filming, and flight parameter tuning to achieve optimal performance. Monitor your aircraft data and use the autopilot features such as Dynamic Track, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Viewpoint, Orbit, Gesture Control, Precision Flight, Dual Stability, Waypoint Flight, Rectangular and Polygon Mission (Some features are only available on the EVO II series).
For Use With:
Autel Robotics EVO I, EVO II, EVO II Pro, and EVO II Dual
• Improved user interface with an optimized user experience
• Enjoy the FHD live video feed from your 4K, 6K, 8K, and FLIR thermal camera
• Professional camera settings
• Support up to 8K and up to 120fps (at 2.7K) video recording and Picture in Video
• Easily configure your aircraft’s flight control settings
• Real-time monitoring of aircraft flight data and status
• Upgraded flight safety: Failsafe feature and Low-battery RTH Countdown
• More intelligent autopilot features:
EVO: Dynamic Track, Viewpoint, Orbit, Waypoint flight, Rectangular route, and Polygon Mission.
EVO II Series: In addition to the features available on EVO, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Gesture Control, Precision Flight, and Dual Stability
- Added 16X digital zoom on all EVO II series models
- Added EVO II Enterprise support
- Added shooting angle option (0° and +/-90°) in Rectangular and Polygon mission
- Added the Aperture adjustment option in Panorama (EVO II Pro sensor only)
Feature Optimizations and bug fixes:
- Changed EVO II RTK mountpoint input method to manual
- Fixed the ground sample distance(GSD) error in missions
- Removed the No-Fly zone restrictions in Orbit
- Fixed EVO 1 camera setting error
Ratings and Reviews
Steps to Greatness
The App and the Drone is Great!!! Autel did it again!
Here are my recommendations to take the Autel App and drone experience into 5 ⭐️ :
1. Develop basic game to practice flying with the different controller modes. This way people can practice and fly while lying in there bed. This translate into means more utilization of the app which means more data which means more specific ads that concludes with higher conversions.
2. Have you ever heard of “Button mapping”? It’s the process of simply reconfiguring or customizing a pre-established button layout to the unique preference of the user. You all should consider this. The three remote modes are not to my liking. I want to fly with the same movement controls as the drone in my video game 🎮 .
That’s it! I got more but do those two things and everyone would go crazy! ✌🏾
Remedial interface errors and bad design choices
Mostly app problems but also EVO2 Pro bugs
Blue text on black background becomes invisible in sunlight.
Viewfinder is not WYSIWYG, live camera feed width on phone is scaled to fit entire width of phone display. Since phone aspect ratio doesn’t match, the top and bottom of recorded image gets cropped. This isn’t even reflected when grid lines are active. The X grid goes to corners of phone display not corners of image.
Touching < or > at edges of sliding camera settings menu don’t cause menu to slide.
Range limitation setting arbitrarily capped at 1,640’
Unable to select modes such as “Dual stability” before launch.
Menu labels internal memory as “Flash Card”
Controller displays humble elevations ABOVE horizon as negative degrees.
Video recordings limited to ~4:47. FAT32, exFAT no difference.
Map display frequently reverts to zoomed out world view nobody would ever use.
Buttons on bottom of controller too easy to activate. Controller is too small for adult hands.
Controller display is too bright for night flights and isn’t adjustable.
App on iPad is back to 2010 scaling trick.
No way to force app to check for firmware updates. Must wait until app offers updates or manually load via as card. Current there are updates but app is not offering them.
Intelligent flight modes are non-functional.
I really want to love this app and the Evo 2 altogether. The videos I have watched make this thing seem like a powerhouse. Manual flying and some dynamic tracking functions work, however viewpoint and smart orbit DO NOT function. It prompts me to tap the screen, and nothing happens or it kicks me back into manual mode. This is incredibly frustrating. Also, the waypoint mission only works upon takeoff. I cannot start a new mission while in flight.
I’m sure some issues are due to me being naive and user error, however the intelligent modes not working seems like a software compatibility issue.
I hope these are resolved so I can really put this thing to work!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Autel Robotics Co., Ltd.
- 168.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Autel Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.