With the new Autel Explorer App, it's easy to control your Autel Robotics EVO I, EVO II, EVO II Pro, and EVO II Dual. Your mobile device will act as the central monitor (HD Live View) for remote piloting control, aerial photography, filming, and flight parameter tuning to achieve optimal performance. Monitor your aircraft data and use the autopilot features such as Dynamic Track, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Viewpoint, Orbit, Gesture Control, Precision Flight, Dual Stability, Waypoint Flight, Rectangular and Polygon Mission (Some features are only available on the EVO II series).
For Use With:
Autel Robotics EVO I, EVO II, EVO II Pro, and EVO II Dual
• Improved user interface with an optimized user experience
• Enjoy the FHD live video feed from your 4K, 6K, 8K, and FLIR thermal camera
• Professional camera settings
• Support up to 8K and up to 120fps (at 2.7K) video recording and Picture in Video
• Easily configure your aircraft’s flight control settings
• Real-time monitoring of aircraft flight data and status
• Upgraded flight safety: Failsafe feature and Low-battery RTH Countdown
• More intelligent autopilot features:
EVO: Dynamic Track, Viewpoint, Orbit, Waypoint flight, Rectangular route, and Polygon Mission.
EVO II Series: In addition to the features available on EVO, Tripod Track, Parallel Track, Gesture Control, Precision Flight, and Dual Stability
- Added EVO II RTK support
- Added IMU calibration
- Added 640T thermal camera and radiometric supports (Region Specific)
- Added Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight Modes
- Added Live streaming support (both Youtube and RTMP servers)
- Added Indoor Mode: optimized for indoor (No GPS connection present) flights, Propeller Guards Required.
- Added the third axis calibration in compass calibration
- Added Obstacle Avoidance quick switch in the top right corner
- Added the filter option in the photo album
- Added Live Deck IP address change (Live Deck firmware requires update)
- Added High and Low Speed mode in Dynamic, Tripod, and Parallel Track
Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:
- Resolved the mobile flight log device display error
- Translation error fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Steps to Greatness
The App and the Drone is Great!!! Autel did it again!
Here are my recommendations to take the Autel App and drone experience into 5 ⭐️ :
1. Develop basic game to practice flying with the different controller modes. This way people can practice and fly while lying in there bed. This translate into means more utilization of the app which means more data which means more specific ads that concludes with higher conversions.
2. Have you ever heard of “Button mapping”? It’s the process of simply reconfiguring or customizing a pre-established button layout to the unique preference of the user. You all should consider this. The three remote modes are not to my liking. I want to fly with the same movement controls as the drone in my video game 🎮 .
That’s it! I got more but do those two things and everyone would go crazy! ✌🏾
Remedial interface errors and bad design choices
Mostly app problems but also EVO2 Pro bugs
Blue text on black background becomes invisible in sunlight.
Viewfinder is not WYSIWYG, live camera feed width on phone is scaled to fit entire width of phone display. Since phone aspect ratio doesn’t match, the top and bottom of recorded image gets cropped. This isn’t even reflected when grid lines are active. The X grid goes to corners of phone display not corners of image.
Touching < or > at edges of sliding camera settings menu don’t cause menu to slide.
Range limitation setting arbitrarily capped at 1,640’
Unable to select modes such as “Dual stability” before launch.
Menu labels internal memory as “Flash Card”
Controller displays humble elevations ABOVE horizon as negative degrees.
Video recordings limited to ~4:47. FAT32, exFAT no difference.
Map display frequently reverts to zoomed out world view nobody would ever use.
Buttons on bottom of controller too easy to activate. Controller is too small for adult hands.
Controller display is too bright for night flights and isn’t adjustable.
App on iPad is back to 2010 scaling trick.
No way to force app to check for firmware updates. Must wait until app offers updates or manually load via as card. Current there are updates but app is not offering them.
Recorded Flight Records Cannot Be Sync'd With Or From Any iPad
The latest iOS update was supposed to add the flight recording feature to all iOS devices. It does, but you will only be able to sync them from an iPhone! On any iPad, which is supposed to be supported, too, you cannot sync the recorded flight records because the CANCEL button and the CLEAR LOCAL buttons cover the START button and the 6 MONTH and ALL buttons and no other places on the screen are active. A simple screen redesign of the sync screen on the iPhone that would scale properly on an iPad would solve the problem. Don't they take the time to see what app looks like on an iPad before release???
- Autel Robotics Co., Ltd.
- 230 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Autel Robotics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.