AutoPad is the easiest way for your band to run background pads!
AutoPad is a tool for musicians that helps you easily run ambient pad loops. Simply tap a key to start a pad, and AutoPad will provide a tasteful soundscape that plays for as long as you desire. Natural crossfades between keys are handled automatically.
- AutoPad has two modes: LIVE mode gives you instant access to all twelve keys, while SETLIST mode allows you to create a custom list of songs.
- AutoPad comes with 10 carefully designed pad sounds. Each one provides a unique atmosphere in all 12 keys. More sounds are available as in-app purchases.
- AutoPad features a built-in metronome. Keep your band locked in without needing to lug around a tracks rig.
- AutoPad's menu gives you control over crossfade time, two filters, reverb amount, pan, and volume.
- AutoPad works with Audiobus 3 and Inter App Audio (IAA) so you can run your pads alongside your other IAA-enabled apps using Audiobus 3, AUM, and others.
- AutoPad responds to MIDI! Plug in a MIDI controller or use a MIDI-enabled app to control AutoPad.
- AutoPad features a dark color scheme that is easy on the eyes and performs well on the stage.
- For iPhones SE and 6S and older, AutoPad may only work with Audiobus 3 and IAA while headphones are plugged in. This is a known issue and is unavoidable at this time.
New in AutoPad 1.7.2:
- Fix issue where MIDI settings popovers would not display correctly.
- Pad loading process is more efficient and less noticeable when loading IAP pads.
- Update launch screen icon.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is so perfect, especially for acoustic sets. A lot of the reviews I’ve read have said some things that really don’t make sense to me. (I.e. minor keys, sounding too hypnotic) they are relying too much on this AutoPad. It really is just a filler to help fill in sound, which is does perfectly. We use it every week at church and it’s been a lifesaver. Great job on the app!
Great for limited use
I found this great for intros but if I kept it on for the whole song, it would just start to feel like a hypnosis or constant feedback somewhere.
Features I would like to see:
Ability to set a timer for how long a single pad to play.
Allow user to create layers of timed pads.
Create a “Scene” - combined with the timer and layer feature. This allows the user to combine multiple recorded or timed notes for intro pads, verse and chorus pads etc.
‘Tap’ for tempo. Simple explanation... if you have someone else running the pads the ability to match the tempo by navigating to a tempo tab with a big round circle or something to tap on would be great. This feature should be real time adjustment because most changes a user makes with the current version, you have to stop the pad and restart it.
Texture pads - sometimes I like to add a small bit of nighttime noises to make it feel like we’re out under the stars (like David Crowder Band - I need words); I also like the crackling of a fire (Any song from Rend Collective’s Campfire album); and even a ticking clock (You can barely hear this in the song Only Hope by Switchfoot).
A lot of the functionality aspects I am suggesting are included in iReal Pro but the advantage I see for AutoPad is the ability to distill these suggested features down to fit AutoPads target audience.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the feedback and ideas! I'm glad you like AutoPad. Just make sure you don't have AutoPad too hot in your mix. Its main purpose is to provide subtle harmonic support and to fill space when other instruments are quiet.
Great Foundation, Needs more Development
Some huge pros:
• the app is STABLE, no crashing, audio is seamless, even when switching between apps
• it's straightforward in its layout, which is a big plus when working on stage
Honestly seeing that this is v1 makes me extremely excited for what it could become. Autopad already is set to be one of the most useful tools in my arsenal. A couple of recommendations:
• add volume control within the app: pads are a bit quiet compared to other apps like Bebot and GarageBand
• add minor chords
• create a way to cycle through a setlist, allow users to create their own grid with what they will need
• also definitely create a way to mess with some of the Pad timbres, such as add more motion or movement, swells, brighten/dampen with low pass filters, etc.
I showed a friend of mine this, and we both agreed it's a great start. It's just the tones, although they're well designed, are rather plane without any kind of background melodic movement like synth swells and chorusy delay/verb chains.
- Ryan Robinson
- 37.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Ryan Robinson
- In-App Purchases
- Bonus Sounds
- Shimmer Pads $4.99
- Grainscapes $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.