Ava is an app designed to empower people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing by allowing to follow conversations in real time. The app provides 24/7 real-time captioning (with up to 95% accuracy, based on artificial intelligence), on your smartphone.
The app can be used for quick and spontaneous interactions such as talking with colleagues at work or meeting people in public. Ava can also be used at events, classrooms, churches, doctor's appointments, business meetings, and many more.
Transcribing any live communication makes it now very easy for friends, family and organizations to be accessible and ADA compliant!
1) Set up Ava on your phone to instantly transcribe what people say (with 95% accuracy when they're a meter away). Tap words to correct them and teach Ava to transcribe them right.
2) For group conversations where speakers are further than 1 meter away, invite them to download Ava and connect to you: Ava will show a real-time color-coded transcript of who says what. Never miss again meetings at work, family dinners or social gatherings!
3) Need accessibility in more complex situations? Head to the "Discover" menu and learn how to set up Ava in any situation.
Examples of ways people use Ava:
- Didn’t get what the guy in front of you said? With your smartphone' mic, Ava hears well and shows you word by word what is said. Instant captions, in your pocket, always available.
- Communicate much faster with hearing people, than with pen/paper or notes apps! Type what you want to say, and have Ava speak it for you. Besides, if you connect to friends via Ava by sharing to them your Ava Name, what each person will show up with their own color. What you type appears right away on their screens for incredibly faster communication!
- Push the limits of what you thought you wouldn't have access to. With Ava and easy to find equipments, you could understand vendor tips, doctor's appointments, worship services, classroom lectures, and even online videos and conference calls! Ava paves the way towards a 24/7 accessible world. Visit www.ava.me/life for more details on how other pioneers of accessibility use Ava!
Questions? Suggestions? You can speak to a real person at Ava. Our trusty customer support team is just an email away --- simply write us at: email@example.com
***AVA FREE PLAN – $0 FOREVER (FOR OCCASIONAL USERS)***
- Caption any live conversation with 5 hours free per month
- When you join a session on Ava, captioning is unlimited
- No limits on group size or number of devices connected
- Text to speech: Ava can voice out what you type
- Save transcripts to remember your conversations
- Wait 2 minutes to unlock another 10 minutes of free caption time - no limit
- You can invite a friend to Ava and you will get 1 hour for free - no limit
- You can buy 5 additional hours for 4.99$
***AVA PREMIUM PLAN – $14.99 PER MONTH PER HOST (FOR INDIVIDUALS)***
- Infinite captioning time (conversation timeout at 40 minutes)
- Higher caption quality (90-95%)
- Caption & translate in 16 languages
***AVA FOR ORGANIZATION***
Want your subscription sponsored by your organization? Benefit from the best captioning services, ADA compliant, for accessible organizations.
Our team is here to help to setup accessibility at work, school, events or place of worship with the Ava for organizations plans:
- Ava Pro
- Ava Campus
- Ava Welcome
- Ava Event
With dedicated feature to help you get the best of your professional life, under the ADA agreement :
- No session time limits
- Best caption quality (+95%)
- Customized vocabulary based on your organization: acronyms, names...
- Participate on your computer, or display on any screen with Ava Web.
- Request Live, professionally-reviewed 99% accurate captions with Ava Scribe (additional fees apply).
• Fixed a bug where some Premium users would still be on the Free plan
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Ava life changing
In the past 3 weeks I have lost all hearing. Now awaiting a cochlear implant. Shocking! How will I conduct my business, conference calls, personal social ever again.. recommended by friends (speech pathologist) AVA has solved many of these. It’s all about a good microphone and folks speaking clearly. Quality in..quality out. I can now even hear the preacher on Sunday! You need of course good WiFi, or cell signal. I can now wirelessly sit and pick up Bluetooth mic 50 ft away. Can also pick up the phone by sending the phone into the iPad via cable. HUGE advantage. They talk I read. I talk they hear. It’s not perfect but pretty good. The TTY is free but everything has to go to another number then prompted to enter my number. How does the yard guy know this? It’s a bit cumbersome. I think I’ll use both. Thanks AVA! Good work!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your rating & description, it helps! 🌟💪
You are also very welcome to join our community on Facebook to stay in touch: https://www.facebook.com/groups/enavaforce/
Have a great day!
AVA is very helpful
I am bilaterally implanted and struggle with electronic devices that play music or radios with odd sounding voices. AVA helps with some of that (not music, rather talk radio) and it’s extremely useful when explaining to my Deaf friends and family since my ASL is poor. I can hold my own with hearing friends and family as the implants give me 85% speech comprehension.
Now a question: I actually tried to open AVA during a phone call to work like captions would, and it was ok but not perfect. Does AVA ever plan on expanding out into telephone type conferences where not all members in the conference have AVA? It’s asking them a lot to download an app, it would be sweet to be able to include their conversation without having them join right away.
Developer Response ,
Hello Mahvelous Mahvin, thanks a lot for your kind message! We're glad to see Ava helps you with your friends & family.
We are actually planning on having Ava available without downloading it, so keep tuned. If you have any other ideas or feedback, that helps a lot! So please share it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pretty Good App
I downloaded the app to help me communicate with my son who underwent cochlear implant surgery and between the time of the surgery and the activation of the implants, he was totally deaf. The app works well and is surprisingly accurate in translations from speech to text.
One issue I had using my iPhone 7 was that sometimes the app just flat out failed to work once it was launched. No matter what I tried to do, it would not seem to pick up my voice and translate. I’d usually have to close the app, then relaunch to get it to work.
I like the fact that you can configure the app to use various microphones...neat feature. All in all, the app is well designed, fast and as accurate as any can be given the complexity of speech to text translation!
Developer Response ,
Hi Bayern! Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am happy you had a good experience using Ava with your son!
We've actually just release a new version of the App, you can find it available in the App Store. This should fix the issue you experienced.
Then, would you mind to revise your rating to 5 stars 🌟as it will give a better signal to our new users!
Have a great day!
The Ava Team
- Transcense Inc.
- 167.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Transcense, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Ava Premium Plan $14.99
- Ava Yearly Premium Plan $119.99
- +5h Ava Credit $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.