* 'With everything set up so that even a newcomer to the genre can pick it up quickly, there’s no reason not to see if this could be the beginning of a lovely relationship. 4/5" - Indie Game Reviewer
* "A very rewarding and easily recommended gaming experience." - Gear Diary
* "As a whole, Avadon 2: The Corruption offers a great value for those who enjoy an old-school style RPG. To tell you the truth, I ended up playing this game for eight hours straight on my first play. 4.5/5"
- Game Industry News
* "Do yourself a favor and pick it up now and support this great effort to bring us a quality RPG. 5/5"
* "Frankly this is the most fun I've had with an RPG all year. 7/10" - Dealspwn
Avadon 2: The Corruption is a huge, indie fantasy role-playing adventure, the second chapter in the epic Avadon trilogy. You will serve the keep of Avadon, working as a spy and warrior to fight the enemies of your homeland. As a servant of the Black Fortress, your word is law. Experience an exciting fantasy role-playing adventure as you try to save your homeland from civil war and fiery destruction.
Avadon 2: The Corruption Features:
* Comes with the entire game, fully functional. No need to pay more money to do anything.
* Epic fantasy role-playing adventure in an enormous and unique world.
* Five different character classes, with dozens of unique spells and abilities.
* Uncover the fascinating histories of Avadon and the many lands of Lynaeus.
* Many different endings. Will you be loyal to Avadon or switch sides and bring it down? The choice is yours!
* Dozens of side quests, dungeons, and secrets to discover.
* Hundreds of magical items to find. Use powerful crystals to make your artifacts even more powerful.
* Huge adventure with lots of replay value. Experience with Avadon: The Black Fortress is entirely unnecessary to enjoy Avadon 2.
* Rebuilt for iOS 13 with support for all iPad sizes.
* Clearing Quick Use buttons now works correctly.
* Several minor bug and typo fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Retro Fantasy RPG!!!
Spiderweb Software makes the best story driven RPG's that I ever played. If you like old school fantasy RPG's like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Avernum, and Dungeons of Chaos on iOS, then this game is for you!
Tougher than Avadon 1, but still worthwhile.
My biggest gripe is that this game's difficulty escalates much faster than Avadon 1, and this difficulty isn't just due to mechanical rebalancing. Nonetheless, it makes people try different strategies (such as hit-and-run) but it can still be pretty frustrating when cannon-fodder enemies have about as much health as bosses do. I would also say that currently, I enjoyed Avadon 1's plot better (in particular, the first time you enter the Corruption kinda lost my attention for awhile), but once you get halfway-through, it starts to get interesting again.
Having finished the game now, I am disappointed to some extent by the ending. There are multiple ways to end the game, but the easiest way to end it was anti-climatic. Nonetheless, still a good plot and if you are planning on playing Avadon 3, you should definitely play this one first for plot reasons.
Another fantastic Spiderweb RPG
Nobody on iOS makes them quite like Spiderweb Software. As an old school Ultima, Bards Tale, and Baldurs Gate guy I grew up and love what's considered "old school" RPGs. I played the first Avadon all the way through, then Avernum, and figured I'd be sick of the formula by now. But I was wrong, Avadon 2 is just as terrific as the first one and has me unable to put it down. Once again a a great story. The whole experience feels like it's running much smoother this time around too - but maybe that's more my newer iPad than any major engine improvements. Bottom line - worth every cent if you like older style RPGs.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Spiderweb Software
- 180.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2013-20 Spiderweb Software, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.