Hunt down the killer who murdered the Wolf god! As Wolf's last avatar before his assassination, will you revive your god, take revenge on his killer, or destroy the pantheon and bring about a new order?
"Avatar of the Wolf" is a 135,000-word interactive fantasy novel by Bendi Barrett. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
In a savage land where the gods manipulate mortals like pawns on a chess board, Wolf's divine power controlled you and protected you. But since Wolf's death, the eyes of Hawk, Spider, Bear, Gazelle, and Eel are upon you. The embers of Wolf's power still burn within you; your remnants of divinity threaten to topple the pantheon.
Forsake the gods and join the Rising Sun, a heretical sect that defies divine rule. Embrace the anarchic, self-serving ethos of Spider and her seductive avatar. Obey Wolf's feral impulses and slaughter your enemies as head of the last Wolf enclave, or forge a lasting peace without spilling a drop of blood.
The gods are fading. Will you hasten their demise or harness their divine power?
• Play as male, female, or agender, straight, gay, bi, or asexual.
• Discover the secret behind the disappearance of Wolf, your patron god
• Take up the mantle of your savage missing god, or strike out on your own path
• Receive the blessings of the Spider, Bear, and Eel gods... by force, if necessary
• Ally with the followers of Wolf or join up with the god-hating Rising Sun
• Convince the head of the Wolf enclave to recognize your superior power or lead alongside them
• Choose to survive peaceably in this brutal world, without taking a single life
• Impress the pantheon of animal gods, reject their rule, or usurp them altogether
On Sale until June 8th!
Bug fixes. If you enjoy this game, please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Something to really sink your teeth into
One of the better choice of games I’ve played! The wide range of options really gave me a sense of control and connections to the characters. Plus gotta love letting loose and eating your enemies once in a while, amiright.
some parts of the ending should be fixed—even when I chose to keep things peaceful between the Rising Sun and the enclave, they still declared war however I played it. And also when I became Lyall’s partner, that somehow meant I was disconnected from the enclave? Not sure if there’s a glitch somewhere, but the endings are always the same.
Better Than Most
I don’t like every Choice of Game out there, but this one was pretty remarkable. I felt like there was room for more like actually going to war and there should have been the possibility of keeping all the gods around for good.
I would like more tales similar to this where you take on being on an avatar for a god, or are a priestess for a certain totem Animal.
This is a great interactive novel. Albeit a bit short. Would love to see more of this. Maybe a second will make an appearance?
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Choice of Games LLC
- 22 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Bendi Barrett
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.