FreeSpeech helps anyone with a language impairment practice and develop grammar skills! Drag and rearrange picture tiles, and FreeSpeech will convert them into a perfectly grammatical English sentence.
Explore how tenses, sentence forms, parts of speech, and other grammatical properties change the structure of English -- and it's all visual!
FreeSpeech is the perfect app for anyone who is learning the English language - whether you are
- A person with special needs, such as autism, dyslexia and hearing impairments
- An ELL student, trying to make sense of English grammar
- Someone who loves languages and likes to explore them!
Developed by an interdisciplinary team including SLPs, educators, and researchers with over 100 years of collective experience, FreeSpeech is the most advanced language learning technology currently on the App Store. The technology behind FreeSpeech was the subject of a TED talk by its creator Ajit Narayanan which has been viewed more than one million times. The development of FreeSpeech, combining engineering with generative linguistics, earned the team recognition as one of the world's Top 35 Innovators from MIT Technology Review. AS SEEN ON TED BY 1M+ VIEWERS: http://go.ted.com/CW6u
"A powerful new app designed to help children of all learning levels and language abilities develop grammatically correct sentences... A welcome addition for anyone with young writers that struggle with arranging sentences or who have a language impairment that makes it frustrating to communicate."
FreeSpeech is unique because it's the only app in the world that predicts grammar. You can throw a bunch of picture tiles at it, and the app will automatically figure out a grammatically correct sentence from them.
- It's possible to manipulate words, tenses and structure as if you were manipulating building blocks.
- The app lets teachers and learners model/recast/contrast various grammar rules pictorially, all the while speaking out correct English.
- A teacher or therapist can configure how much prediction FreeSpeech does, and fade away its capabilities as a student develops confidence.
FreeSpeech is based on solid research, and builds language by:
- EXPANDING: Prompting users with questions to expand their sentences;
- SCAFFOLDING: Intelligently predicting words that they are likely to use;
- CONTRASTING: Visually modeling tense and sentence modifiers;
- RECASTING: Automatically inserting prepositions and articles as needed; and
- ERRORLESS MODELING: Automatically predicting grammar, to assemble a map of pictures into a grammatically correct English sentence.
Scientific trials validating the efficacy of FreeSpeech have been presented at leading conferences in linguistics and special education.
FreeSpeech features more than 2,000 symbols from Symbolstix, and is ideally suited to use alongside other AAC, articulation and education apps that use these lovely symbols. Additionally, you can customize FreeSpeech vocabulary with 20,000+ Symbolstix symbols.
Download FreeSpeech and learn English language skills today!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments, questions or suggestions about FreeSpeech.
Visit us at www.freespeechapp.com
A lot of fixes to help improve the user experience.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A few suggestions
Please add drag and drop feature so that I can add more verbs to the content
Also iPad Pro 11 support and iPad 12.9 3rd gen. Support please
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.