Avernum 3: Ruined World is an epic, indie fantasy role-playing adventure with many hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous world that evolves as time passes. Towns are destroyed. Refugees flee. Disasters happen. Avernum 3 is the conclusion to our hit indie fantasy trilogy!
Your people long to escape from their underworld prison, but the surface world is being destroyed. Fight plagues of bizarre monsters and win your freedom. Enjoy an intricate tactical battle system with multitudes of abilities, character traits, and unique magical artifacts.
Avernum 3: Ruined World features:
* No hidden fees. Pay once, get the entire game!
* Epic fantasy adventure with over 60 hours of gameplay. Explore an enormous underworld and a huge surface continent.
* Rich game system with over 60 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.
* Well over 100 towns and dungeons, which change as time passes. Cities crumble as the monster plagues advance.
* Fight to save the world. Or don’t! Do odd jobs. Be a bounty hunter or merchant. Buy a house.
* Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
* Over 100 side quests and hundreds of magical artifacts.
The story of Avernum 3 is self-contained, and previous experience with Avernum games isn't required.
* Rebuilt for iOS 13 with support for all iPad sizes.
* Clearing Quick Use buttons now works correctly.
* Several minor bug and typo fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Design and Experience
Development included a huge, well-planned outlay and enormous care to make this a benchmark adventure game. It provided weeks of fun, challenging play. One complication is that several versions of the original game seem to have been released over the last 20 years, and with differences by platform; so when players hunt for hints and tips online, they often find irrelevant, unhelpful or obsolete solutions. The other problem for me was the absence of a single-source guide. I’ve read that others players have them, but I couldn’t find one, so the learning curve was steeper than it needed to be, and I wasted a lot of time hunting for help, sometimes unsuccessfully.
So much fun
The Avernum series is just the best RPG value on iPad. Do them all in order. The campaign world is huge with delightful weirdness around every corner and hours upon hours of play. Ignore the NPCs who pressure you to complete the main quests quickly, just take your time and thoroughly explore and don't finish before game day 160. Then when you finish, start over again with a walkthrough/quest list to catch everything you missed.
Classic style RPG
Do you like old school RPGs? What are you waiting for? Pretty sure this is the largest of the Avernum games. I played for about 10 hours before even thinking about going to the large over world. Plays great on iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil. Bonus: save games are transferable to Mac.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Spiderweb Software
- 296.4 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018-20 Spiderweb Software Inc., All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.