The only high-end field guide app to identify *ALL* birds that are found in Europe (incl. Great Britain, the Mediterranean Islands, and Iceland). The database contains more than 850 bird species that are breeding residents in the areas mentioned, as well as introduced species, winter guests, and extremely rare vagrants, for example from North America.
All descriptions are available in English and German (partly in French and Spanish, the descriptions in these languages are continuously added). The text describes the most prominent physical features of a bird and contains information about migration, distribution, habitat, and diet.
The program features:
• Modern app with intuitive user interface
• Graphical user interface and all text descriptions available in English and German, can be switched at runtime without restarting the app.
• Listing of bird species can be sorted according to taxonomic classification (order->family->genus->species) or alphabetically in any of these languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Swedish, Finnish
• Names in most languages of each bird species
• Extensive search facility, search for bird names or perform a full-text search to find the wanted information. Filter the list of birds according to physical size or colour of plumage for easier identification.
• More than 4000 high-resolution photos (for full-screen display the images are downloaded ONCE from a server for permanent storage in the device and offline use)
• Bird songs/calls for each bird regularly occurring in Europe (downloaded ONCE on demand from a server for permanent storage in the device and offline use)
• An ornithological dictionary/glossary in four languages (EN, DE, FR, ES)
• Numerous illustrations depicting anatomic features (skeleton, feathers, beak shapes, etc.)
• More program highlights:
- “Field Note Editor” for storing sighing notes with location data with GPS assistance
- Synchronize field notes between your iOS devices and backup/restore from server
- Share field notes on your iOS devices and/or with other users via Blutooth
Although this program can be used intuitively by any smartphone user, we have included comprehensive help information and offer fast and individual support by email contact from within the app.
This app has been design for birders of all interest and abilities and is optimized for use in the field. From the detailed illustrations to the easy-to-use lists and descriptive data, this app makes identifying and understanding birds easier and more convenient than ever before!
This new version eliminates an issue related to iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Quite good but needs improvement
The app is well done and easy to use but the download process is cumbersome. Photos and maps have to be downloaded separately and most servers don’t work that well for such a large amount of photos. There’s no pause option for the download. The English text is translated from German and is often awkward.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.