Avi-on is an easy to use multi-room and whole building lighting control solution that is easy to install, easy to change, and easy to manage...indoors and out. Using any newer smartphone or tablet with Bluetooth Smart and wi-fi, commercial installers and residential customers can quickly set-up devices, program schedules and timers, and add wireless switches. No wi-fi hub or gateway is required. All schedules and settings are saved on a Bluetooth chip in each device. Once programmed locally, the schedules will operate without the Internet or your phone nearby.
Avi-on enables many users to control many devices through a single account. Your account and settings are saved in the Avi-on cloud, providing instant back-up. You can add 24/7 wi-fi access (and Amazon Alexa compatibility, where available) with purchase of the Avi-on Remote Access Bridge (RAB). The RAB converts the Bluetooth signals on the Avi-on compatible devices/switches to a wi-fi signal that Amazon's Alexa can understand.
How do you get started?
• Power up an Avi-on compatible device by wiring it or plugging it in (plug, switch, bulb, fixture, sensor, adaptor, LED driver, outdoor switch, outdoor stake, and more).
• Use a smartphone or tablet that supports Bluetooth Smart and has strong wi-fi access. Use the latest version of iOS.
• Download the latest version of the Avi-on app. Register your account and password. Check spam folder for verification and password emails.
• Stand near the powered device(s). Press the big + button to add your first device. FAQs on set up are here: http://bit.ly/2F9KaAx.
• FAQs on scheduling are here: http://bit.ly/2ED7y8m.
• If you want wi-fi access, 24/7 clock synchronization, and/or Alexa compatibility, install an optional Avi-on Remote Access Bridge.
What are optional accessories for your Avi-on network?
• Avi-on Movable Switch: 3-way wireless switching
• Avi-on Remote Access Bridge (RAB): 24/7 network synchronization and selected Wi-fi remote controls
• Amazon Alexa compatibility: purchase a RAB and Amazon Echo/Dot or other Amazon hardware. Please check for product/regional compatibility prior to making your purchases
• Other products available at Avi-on.com
What is Avi-on Basic and Avi-on Pro?
• Avi-on Basic includes instant set-up, secure login, schedules with sunrise/sunset, and countdown timers. The actual features depend on the product's manufacturer.
• Avi-on Pro is designed for managing whole commercial building, office, landscape, warehouse, recreational facility, and area lighting installations.
• Depending on your product's manufacturer, Pro Accounts include all of the Basic features plus some or all of the following additions: device favorites and sorting, grouping, schedules, scenes, transitions, and sensor controls.
What else do I need to know?
• For dimming, color changing, sensors, and other specialized functionality, the specific product must offer those features.
• If you would like to add capabilities to your Avi-on account, please visit avi-on.com/upgrade-pro. All products differ. Please check product packaging for details about the specific account capabilities that come with your purchase
• Compatible devices: GE-branded Bluetooth Switches and Dimmers, Avi-on Indoor and Outdoor Switches, Fixture Adaptors, Controllers and Remote Access Bridge, ERP LED Drivers, SPJ Flexlink Outdoor Controls
• Web controls differ from app controls. See myaccount.avi-on.com for your profile settings
Support and FAQs are available at https://support.avi-on.com/hc/en-us, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvements and Bug fix's.
Ratings and Reviews
is what it is
It’s a good idea to look at the entire family that you’re buying into some are more robust than others -motion activated detectors, perhaps rechargeable lights -different kind of lights such as strip lights -maybe tile type of lights, bulbs themselves that are Bluetooth etc. you might want to diversify later on down the road. You follow?
AVI-on has his bumps in the road but I think they all do, it’s still new technology so a lot of problems in this stage of the game are unavoidable no matter which brand you go with. I picked up in Avi-on product at target one day just to give it a try and it worked out pretty good. The product line isn’t as robust as others but that gives you a chance to get familiar with how the concept works.
So in closing I have found Avi-on products at different prices from different places out there, so if you wanna do your due diligence you can find cheaper prices -it is what it is.
You designed the firmware & software for GE plug in switch to fail
You designed the firmware & software for GE plug in switch to fail without any way to make it communicate again short of sending it to you at my cost and possibly not getting it back, should you decide it is broken?
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! Why design something to be robust when you could instead design something that not only EASILY FAILS, but then becomes PERMANENTLY unable to communicate with any device. And, yes, I meticulously went through all your myriad pages upon linked pages without skipping or mis-ordering any of the instructions. I have one switch that still works and one that can no longer be seen by any device, and therefore cannot be added again, no matter what I have done. Yes, I’ve tried holding the button, much longer than required for reset. I have even gone so far as to completely delete and then reinstall the app, and one switch still works while the other is invisible and cannot be added. I have even deleted and re-added the working switch on my account successfully. No, they weren’t in separate accounts. Yes, I have repeated your steps again, with perfect attention to detail. No, it was not damaged. It was treated exactly as the working switch was treated, and it used to work. Product is poor. There should be a class action suit to have the failed ones replaced.
Support Was Tremendous
I have had a switch and used the app for a couple of years. I bought two new outdoor switches and although the switches worked I could not get the app to function properly. I contacted the Avi-On support team and they immediately responded within an hour or two. My switches had old firmware that needed updating but the app would not display the update symbol needed to initiate the update as well as some other functions such as changing the name of Devices or deleting schedules. The support team worked with me to try to resolve this problem. When no headway was being made they sent me two new switches that they had updated the firmware and I sent back my two with their prepaid shipping. After many emails back and forth they regenerated my account and I deleted the app and re-downloaded the app. Everything thing then worked. I can’t say enough about the support team for tirelessly pursuing the resolution to my problem. They went well beyond my expectations with email responses and phone calls that in some cases were after their normal business hours. My system now works perfectly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.