Aviary is a beautiful Twitter client built with macOS design guidelines in mind. It's simple enough to pick up and use immediately, and powerful enough to tweak it just the way you want. The delightful interface is coupled with extensive features that feel the part on your device, whilst elevating your Twitter experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE AVIARY:
Browse Twitter without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads. Use filters to hide tweets containing keywords, users, media, quotes, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, and more. Tweak app icons, tints, gestures, tweet appearances, and much more with the extensive list of settings options.
Quickly view lists, set custom tabs, change accounts, respond to tweets, share content, and more using gestures and context menus. Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, and Widgets means that the fun doesn't stop when you leave the app.
- Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads
- Beautiful macOS-centric UI
- Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac)
- Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets
- Multiple scrollable columns
- Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more
- Delete and edit tweets
- Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, sentiment, and more)
OTHER EXCITING FEATURES:
- Context menus across the app to quickly perform actions
- Hashflags support
- View polls
- View pinned tweets
- List creation and browsing support
- Trends and search support
- Extensive profile actions, including adding private notes to remember details about the respective user
- In-app Instagram media and YouTube playback
- Share tweets as images (with fine-tuning)
- Text and image text translations
- Autoplaying timeline videos
- Fetch-based push notifications for mentions and replies
- Drag and Drop tweet and media support
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts
- Custom app themes to tweak the app to your liking
- Dark mode and high-contrast backgrounds
- Accessibility labels, dynamic font sizing, and VoiceOver support
- iCloud sync
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
- Added keyboard navigation capabilities (use arrows to scroll through timelines, tab to switch columns, and shift-tab to go to the previous column)
- Added a Safari Web Extension to open Twitter links in Aviary
- Minor UI changes
- Fixed issue where the quick account switcher would sometimes display empty accounts
- Fixed issue where the quick account switcher would crash at times
- Fixed issue where tweet details would sometimes fail to display
- Fixed issue where opening links in Aviary would sometimes fail to load and display the tweet
- Fixed various crashes
Please note that Twitter API limitations imposed upon third-party apps can cause timelines to be empty, and some in-app actions to fail to perform at times. If you’re curious about whether an issue you’re facing within the app is due to being rate limited via the API, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin. Happy tweeting!
Ratings and Reviews
Getting Better With Every Update
I bought Aviary when it first came out. I was excited for the potential and the features that were being added. Initially it was difficult to use. The feature was there but the app was still early days and still had some rough edges.
For the past month or so, however, Aviary has become my daily driver for Twitter on my phone. It runs more smoothly and the rough edges are being cleaned up with each update. On top of that the feature set is unparalleled among third party Twitter clients. There are still occasional crashes, but the developer is quick to correct. All told it’s a solid app that I only expect to get better.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. This app is constantly evolving, and the latest set of updates aim to resolve most of the issues you may have been facing.
A Twitter Client With Taste
When an app like this comes along you always expect a standard of what it does, this app far exceeds that standard. Avery really brings a whole bag of features and improvements and even small touches around the UX that brings a smile on my face. From the haptics to the “feel” of the app I really love it. For me personally I find it hard to use 3rd party apps because of the companies that treat them as second class citizens and the API have many limitations that nerf apps like this from working with a full feature set. I love supporting developers that take that leap of faith and sink god knows how many hours to make a product like this. Yes it has it faults but everything does. I give this app 5 stars because for what it is and by a small team of people and all these limitations this is a fantastic app with great experiences.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. I appreciate the kind words! Being a solo independent developer can be hard, but support like this makes it worthwhile.
The Apollo variant of Twitter
I’ve been using Aviary as my main Twitter app for some time now, and I grew to fall in love with it. The UI which reminds me of Apollo is part of the reason why I use it as my main Twitter app the other part is just how fluid and clean the app looks from the app icon to the app itself it shows how much the developer cared about the design of the app and to make it as if Apple created the app itself! While it’s not perfect I do have issue trying to use the app on my Apple Watch Series 3 where it won’t let me log in and they’re still some things I would love to see added in future builds assuming the Twitter API allows it, but at the end of the day I plan on keeping with Aviary for all my Twitter needs and can’t wait to see where it’ll be a year from now!
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thank you for the feedback!
I appreciate you thinking that.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shihab Mehboob
- 21.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2021 Shihab Mehboob.
- In-App Purchases
- Great Tip $4.99
- Substantial Tip $2.99
- Large Tip $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.