Aviation Dictionary 4+
Designed for iPad
Aviation is an industry full of terms, acronyms and technical language. This Aviation Dictionary app is based on the popular book Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms by Dale Crane and helps users understand all the words, abbreviations, acronyms, and phrases in the different disciplines of aviation. The most complete collection of aviation terminology available from a trusted resource in the aviation training industry, this app explains as well as defines more than 12,000 terms and includes nearly 500 illustrations to further define and aid visual recognition. This fast app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, iPad Mini, and iPad Air and features a comprehensive search, a scrollable index to access the complete database of terms, and a Word of the Day function to help you learn something new daily. Don’t like this term? Tap the device to see a new word.
All specific to the aviation industry, the terms have been gathered from Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, the Aeronautical Information Manual (AIM), the Pilot/Controller Glossary, and glossaries from government handbooks and manuals. Also, many definitions not found in any government publications are included.
This complete, handy dictionary app is the definitive reference source for the entire aviation industry — including administrators, pilots, aviation maintenance technicians, drone operators, colleges and universities, air traffic controllers, manufacturers, engineers, government agencies, airlines, and corporate flight departments, as well as newcomers to the industry, and those who speak English as a second language. This new version accounts for the continuing evolution of aviation and aerospace industries, to include drones, commercial space and urban mobility.
• No internet connection required; app fully installs to your device.
• More than 12,000 aviation terms, acronyms, abbreviations, and phrases are defined.
• More than 500 illustrations to aid visual recognition.
• Includes all the terms and definitions from the popular book, Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms by Dale Crane.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
• Powerful search function features fast lookup using the first few letters of a word.
• Index lets you browse the complete database of terms.
• Word of the Day helps you learn a new aviation term daily; shake-it feature issues a new word on demand.
The contents have been updated for the 7th Edition of Dictionary of Aeronautical Terms by Dale Crane.
Ratings and Reviews
First thing I checked wasn’t there...
First thing I check: ECB. An Airbus acronym for electronic control box. Very common. But not in the app. Maybe the app only covers Boeing, heck I don’t know. Need to cover all manufacturers. Disappointing. I work for the largest airline in the world with largest Airbus fleet, too bad the app is lacking.
As an A&P student, this is an indispensable tool that is extremely handy to have on your phone. What else would you expect from the ASA? The interface is adequate, might use a bit of updating for aesthetics, but not necessary. The info contained is highly valuable for anywhere in the Aviation industry, or if you’re just a plane lover! It’s nice to have this on your phone without having to buy the book. Great job guys/gals!
I've used this for the two years while I was in school. It's easy to use. Please keep this app updated since I still use it time to time.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 28.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2020 Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.