- In order to be able to use AVICSYNC, please make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your AVIC Navigation system. For details, please visit our web site.
- The default language is set as "English(UK)". If you use another language, please read the AVICSYNC Operation Manual and install it.
- If the downloaded content is too large, it may take a long time for the data to be transferred to your in-car navigation system via the AVICSYNC App. In such cases, you can also synchronize the content using Naviextras Toolbox on your computer and the “SyncTool” menu of the in-car navigation instead.
AVICSYNC is a dynamic companion App that allows you to connect your iPhone to a compatible Pioneer NEX navigation receiver. Once linked, the NEX navigation receiver communicates with your iPhone to share information such as contacts, navigation history, planned routes, POI favorites, and even where you parked your vehicle. With AVICSYNC, your NEX navigation receiver can also access Premium connected services* such as real-time local search, weather, traffic, parking, and gas prices ensuring that you’ll have all the information you need to reach your desired destination.
In addition to augmenting your Pioneer NEX in-dash navigation experience, AVICSYNC also works as a standalone navigation app. This means you’ll always have access to Pioneer’s accurate turn-by-turn navigation, even when you’re not in your vehicle.
*Premium services require in-app purchase(s).
The cost of data communication depends on the pricing plan of your cellular provider. You are responsible for all communication costs.
Please be aware that you may incur additional roaming charges from your cellular provider by using connected services while abroad.
The default language is set as "English(UK)". If you use another language, please read the AVICSYNC Operation Manual and install it.
Supporting Naviextras server configuration changes.
Ratings and Reviews
So...I waited close to a year for this app to finally be re-released to allow me to use my 8100NEX as described on the box and guess what? I still can't because this app so poorly produced. On trying to enter an address in the app the keyboard is all grayed out so therefore it is impossible. So plan B was to use the address from contact option...this doesn't work either, the message "no usable address in contact" is complete nonsense. Get your act together Pioneer, you're supposed to be renowned for producing world-class car audio systems and this app is a disgrace. It lets down your head unit and it lets down your brand. For customers to wait close to a year for this app to be released and then for it to be in this state is completely acceptable. Don't bother downloading this app until a legit update is available people.
Works okay, but could use some improvement
Unlike many of the reviews, the app actually does work for me. I'm able to use weather, gas-price and traffic services on my AVIC-8200NEX via my phone.
However, there are a few issues:
* There should really be a background service that handles communication between the phone and the deck. I shouldn't have to start the app every time I go to plug my phone in.
* My iPhone 6 doesn't have enough storage to accommodate the map data (it's a company phone, and it only has 16 GB of flash storage). There's really no way it could stream the map data, since it's on the cell network anyway?
* The experience buying connected services is... stilted. I bought a month of the traffic data, which did work - but the purchasing process took me out of the app, and when I returned to it, it didn't show that I'd actually gotten what I'd bought until I went to Shop -> Purchased Items, then it let me download the small file it needed, and it now works.
* The restarts. The app really can't more gracefully deal with an update/service download than by restarting? Seriously?
* Every time I unplug it from my car, if the app doesn't get termed in the background, it throws up a box that says "Disconnected, continuing on battery". Really not necessary.
In short, it works, but it needs some edges sanded down.
I can't rate it lower than 1-star, can I?
The app opens, and that's about it. I recently installed the 5200 in my vehicle and it was advised to download this app to use the navigation system. All the app does is tell me that it is searching for a signal, then goes into sleep mode. There is no option to make any purchases that others have spoken of; the app tells me it needs to be updated and to go to iTunes to download the latest version. There is no way to enter an address; as others have said the fields to fill in are grayed out. It starts by telling me to select a country but gives no way of doing so. My hope is that once I get Apple CarPlay up and running, that I can delete this app and use the mapping programs I have on my phone for traffic info. Luckily there isn't much use for navigation for me anyway.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Pioneer Corporation
- 126.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © All rights reserved by Pioneer, the copyright owners and other rightholders.
- In-App Purchases
- NA Online services - POI, parking, weather, fuel, 1y $16.99
- NA Online traffic, 1y $25.99
- NA Online traffic, 30d $6.99
- BRA Online traffic, 1y $31.99
- Safety camera database - Europe $33.99
- EU Online traffic, 1y $25.99
- BRA Online services - POI search, parking, weather, 1y $10.99
- BRA Online traffic, 30d $6.99
- EU Online services - POI search, parking, weather, 1y $16.99
- RU Online services - POI search, parking, weather, 1y $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.