For full instructions please see: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Control-Support
• Qualified Mac or Windows-based computer running any supported EUCON-enabled application and EuControl 2023.11 (NOTE: The free EUCON 2023.11 software must be downloaded from Avid and installed before using Avid Control)
• One of the following connections:
- Accessible wireless network (5 Ghz Wi-Fi network recommended), or
- Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter + USB 2-to-Ethernet Adapter to connect an Ethernet cable directly to iPad (be sure to disable Wi-Fi on your iPad when using this connection type)
ABOUT AVID CONTROL
Take wireless control of your favorite audio and video software—right from your iPad. With Avid Control, you can record and mix audio in Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Premiere and other media software, faster and more easily than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, so you get deep control, with great mixing flexibility. And when used with an Avid control surface (including the new Avid S1), you gain new touch workflows and custom control. Best of all… it’s free!
Track and mix with just a touch
• Speed up your efficiency using a host of controls
• Record, mute, and solo tracks with a tap
• Ride multiple faders to bring more life to your mix
• Get insight into your mix with extensive visual feedback
Get unrivaled audio and video control
• Access and control hundreds of software commands
• Punch in audio and toggle automation modes
• Trigger complex macros that will save you tons of time
• Switch control to different applications using a single app
Mix faster with intelligent design
• Gain multitouch control to speed up your efficiency
• Interact with and control your mix in whole new ways
• Perform keystroke shortcuts and more with a single tap
• Bring tactile control with you, anywhere you go
Navigate huge mixes easily
• Get fast access to any channel with Tracks view
• Quickly scroll through large mixes
• Select, record-enable, solo, and mute multiple tracks
• Keep an eye on levels with S6-style metering
Free yourself from the cables that bind
• Work in ways not possible with a wired mouse or control surface
• Record yourself in a different room from your DAW
• Control up to two networked workstations across a facility
• Trigger playback or recording from anywhere
Extend your control surface's workflows
• Get enhanced touch control and customizable layouts
• Navigate mixes faster with Tracks view
• View a counter display and additional visual feedback
• Recall layouts and trigger macros
Work with your favorite audio and video software*
• Avid Pro Tools
• Avid Media Composer
• Apple Logic Pro X
• Steinberg Cubase
• Steinberg Nuendo
• Merging Pyramix
• Mackie Control
* Please see Avid’s Control app support page for a full compatibility list.
Bug Fix release - see release notes
Ratings and Reviews
Much improved but not there yet
Changing my review... This is much improved. I love that I can at least control most of a plugin's parameters now from the iPad Pro's screen. What's nice too is that for most plugins the parameters are grouped by function which makes it even more usable. The faders work well. The metering seems to be on target (finally), I haven't had a crash, and it's starting to feel like I can adopt my iPad as my form factor. THAT SAID, and why I gave it 3 stars, even though this is optimized for the iPad Pro, the faders are clearly for people with big hands (geez can they get bigger) and I can't modify preferences to allow me to add more than 8 tracks on screen. I am sure my fingers will do fine with 16 or more. Please add that. The other screens also exhibit huge controls on an iPad Pro. Come on man... Let's consider the form factor properly and fit more things into one 12" screen.
Unreal. Don’t bother, it’s a waste of time
I (for some reason) decided to try ProTools out. I’ve used Studio One for years, so I was interested. Bought the DAW, installed everything correctly. Got this app, seems reasonable. Not. Messed up the first install, it took forever and a bunch of pop up’s and random page changes to find EUCON. Finally found it, installed, then reinstalled the app. No go. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. When I finally got it to connect, it stayed blank, nothing worked. I checked the About section again, yup, connected. Still no go. I finally gave up. ProTools itself is annoying, I’m honestly not surprised that after about 4 hours (i’m persistent) I hadn’t gotten anywhere. Back to Studio One. The remote and UC for it work perfectly right out of the box, no hassles, no constant restarts-Avid, I’m using a MacBook Pro. Restarts are the reason I ditched PC’s in the first place. This app is installed on an iPad Pro 6th gen, latest so and firmware. Maybe you’re not up with the times?
Unless you’re a glutton for punishment, don’t even download this. The sad part is that Avid themselves make both the DAW and this app so difficult to use. I don’t know what’s going on with them, but I’m glad I went monthly. The plug-ins are worth the cost alone, and oddly enough, they work in Studio One just fine. Sometimes I wonder what’s going through my brain when I decide to make what could have been a very costly mistake.
Used to work and then one day just STOPPED
Don’t you just love when software is running beautifully and then all of a sudden one day it’s just not working and incompatible and then you have to stop your entire creative process and spend eight hours to try to figure it out only to realize that you’ll probably never be able to use it again? I spent my entire day trying to figure out why this thing just stopped working after it worked so wonderfully, and for the life of me, I just can’t figure it out. I did every bit of troubleshooting. I could possibly find on the Internet, and nothing worked. The app just simply doesn’t work anymore and will not sync to my computer. I believe it’s because of some software update that happen. When are these developers going to realize that software updates and old hardware incompatibilities are just in NATHAN are back? In 100 years this will all be so laughable. The same companies that give us the freedom to create are the same companies that put the screeching halt on our own creativity.
Developer Response ,
Either the App auto updated and you didn't update EuControl or you updated EuControl and not the App
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Avid Technology Inc
- 48.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Avid Technology Inc.