For full instructions please see: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/Avid-Control-Support
• Qualified Mac or Windows-based computer running any supported EUCON-enabled application and EuControl 2022.9.0 (NOTE: The free EUCON 2022.9.0 software must be downloaded from Avid and installed before using Avid Control)
• One of the following connections:
- Accessible wireless network (5 Ghz Wi-Fi network recommended), or
- Lightning-to-USB 3 Camera Adapter + USB 2-to-Ethernet Adapter to connect an Ethernet cable directly to iPad (be sure to disable Wi-Fi on your iPad when using this connection type)
ABOUT AVID CONTROL
Take wireless control of your favorite audio and video software—right from your iPad. With Avid Control, you can record and mix audio in Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, Premiere and other media software, faster and more easily than working with a mouse and keyboard alone. The app combines the tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS, so you get deep control, with great mixing flexibility. And when used with an Avid control surface (including the new Avid S1), you gain new touch workflows and custom control. Best of all… it’s free!
Track and mix with just a touch
• Speed up your efficiency using a host of controls
• Record, mute, and solo tracks with a tap
• Ride multiple faders to bring more life to your mix
• Get insight into your mix with extensive visual feedback
Get unrivaled audio and video control
• Access and control hundreds of software commands
• Punch in audio and toggle automation modes
• Trigger complex macros that will save you tons of time
• Switch control to different applications using a single app
Mix faster with intelligent design
• Gain multitouch control to speed up your efficiency
• Interact with and control your mix in whole new ways
• Perform keystroke shortcuts and more with a single tap
• Bring tactile control with you, anywhere you go
Navigate huge mixes easily
• Get fast access to any channel with Tracks view
• Quickly scroll through large mixes
• Select, record-enable, solo, and mute multiple tracks
• Keep an eye on levels with S6-style metering
Free yourself from the cables that bind
• Work in ways not possible with a wired mouse or control surface
• Record yourself in a different room from your DAW
• Control up to two networked workstations across a facility
• Trigger playback or recording from anywhere
Extend your control surface's workflows
• Get enhanced touch control and customizable layouts
• Navigate mixes faster with Tracks view
• View a counter display and additional visual feedback
• Recall layouts and trigger macros
Work with your favorite audio and video software*
• Avid Pro Tools
• Avid Media Composer
• Apple Logic Pro X
• Steinberg Cubase
• Steinberg Nuendo
• Merging Pyramix
• Mackie Control
* Please see Avid’s Control app support page for a full compatibility list.
Minor bug fix release
Ratings and Reviews
Ingenious app. Using several versions on multiple setups, combined both with an Artist Mix and standalone. Ability to customize soft keys greatly speeds up my workflow. It can work in the background, enabling control of ProTools even when on other apps like email or a web browser. Easy to set up in EU Control.
Only WISH is for a tab that reveals large transport controls. Transport functions now are only on small buttons at the bottom of the screen, easy to misfire when trying to use this app to start or stop ProTools.
Used to work with 12.9” iPad Pro, now it’s not compatible??
I had the ability to control everything I needed for tracking in PT remotely from behind the drum kit or in the vocal booth, and then somewhere along the way I update PT to the next version (I have a perpetual license), and it suddenly doesn’t work with my 12.9” iPad Pro anymore?? And Avid admits it’s currently not compatible with the bigger iPad Pro (the flagship of the iPads)?? Why would you ever update a product in a way that would adversely affect or remove pre-existing functionality that many of us deem critical on a top-of-the-line device where it previously worked flawlessly?? Has anyone heard of regression testing over there?? What really stings though is that I’m paying Avid for these regular updates, and in return I’m being forced to take a step backwards due to either incompetence or a lack of understanding/caring about their customers’ needs. Truly disappointing, which is apparently becoming the norm at Avid these days.
Developer Response ,
It does work with the 12.9" iPad. Its not compatible with the Pro Tools Dock because of its size though. Please visit http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152 for assistance if needed.
Pro Tools Control is a great extension to Pro Tools. I find it completely useful for remote mixing during a tracking session and of course when you’re in a full mixing session. The Softkeys are really handy shortcuts to widely used options and you have the ability to create your own Sofkeys based on existing EuCon commands or keyboard keystrokes as well.
Its setup is pretty simple. Download and Install EuControl from your avid account, Enable EuCon in Pro Tools under Peripherals/Network and then install and run Pro Tools Control on your iPad.
If you pair Pro Tools Control with the Pro Tools Dock you get a really nice tactile control surface.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Avid Technology Inc
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Avid Technology Inc.