AviMapGPS is a moving map / GPS app for aviation.
***NO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED***
Made by a pilot, for all pilots out there, AviMapGPS uses sectional charts and general road maps to show your position. Includes airport and navaid information for thousands of points around the world. You can cache maps for offline use, as well as plan / store / display routes and log flight data, while displaying your altitude, speed, heading and other flight parameters.
Non-exhaustive list of features:
- Offline worldwide maps (downloadable & cacheable);
- Thousands of navaids and airports available worldwide (inc. VORs, TACAN, DME, VOR-DME, ...);
- Ability to plan routes with multiple waypoints, including user defined waypoints;
- Logging of flight parameters with the ability to export and share flight data;
- Multiple map modes;
- Navigation parameters displayed (speed, course, heading, altitude, ...) in several possible units;
More info and news at http://avimapgps.lgscisoft.com, and https://www.facebook.com/avimapgps.
Send any comments and complaints, and we will assess them all. Give us a good rating if you think we deserve, and if not tell us why.
**NOT TO BE USED AS PRIMARY MEANS OF NAVIGATION**
**USE THIS APP AT YOUR OWN RISK WITH NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY TYPE**
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Flight logging capability added;
- Flight data sharing over e-mail including map track and google earth data kml file;
Ratings and Reviews
Functions well on short, low speed trips. Downloads are a serious pain. Wifi can be super high speed or home link, it drops either way. When it gets hot, it can do a sector in 10 minutes. Wish I knew how to keep it warmed up as I have worked the download thing hard. One cross country requires 8-12 sectionals. Do not wait until pre-flight!
The New Version Is Superb
On my iPhone 6 in June 2017, this app works superbly. All of the chart "calibration" and procurement problems have been handled for you, you just select which maps to download. As it says in the usage tips, you just have to double tap the screen to get the airplane icon centered on your location.
You need a good WiFi to download sectional charts (even after downloading map data to the cache), but this data remains on the iPhone so you can fly out of cell phone coverage area no problem. The chart data seems to survive a reboot.
I have flight tested this in my glider at Minden. The idea is to have a backup should my LX9000 fail, so as to get me home. The user interface is extremely simple, just what is needed when you are stressed by flight problems!
Airplane icon disappears when I flight plan.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Luis Gargate
- 51.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Luis Gargate
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.