The Axxess Updater by Metra Electronics allows installers of the Axxess ASWC-1 and other Axxess Interface products to update firmware and configure functionality in the field in conjunction with the Axxess AX-HUB accessory.
* Find installation instructions for the Axxess ASWC-1
* Configure button remapping on your Axxess ASWC-1 with a simple user interface instead of the manual programming process
* Download firmware updates to your Axxess Interface products
Axxess Updater requires an Axxess AX-HUB accessory to interface with other Axxess Interface products. AX-HUB is sold separately by distributors of Axxess Interface products.
The Axxess Updater App allows installers to update Axxess interfaces* from their smartphone or tablet to download the latest vehicle application data. As new models or technology are released throughout the year, updates are recommended prior to installation to ensure that the latest software is being used.
What's new for version 2.0? The Axxess Updater App has a redesigned interface for a modern look and feel, with improved support for devices and more. For installers, an intuitive flow with clear instructions improves the help and support feature of the app. An improved design helps users easily find vehicle-specific products and also access instructions and user manuals for Axxess products.
*Certain interfaces may require updates through the PC Updater Software.
- Small bugfixes
- Supports latest radios
Ratings and Reviews
Must Read - Poorly Made App
This app is garbage for $140 is doesn’t even do what it supposed to do.
I have been using a Sony Touchscreen Headunit since 2017 with Axxess SWC-1 and manually programmed it the hard way; everything worked fine up until today when I got my HUB and updated my axxess unit. I had my “Mode/Source” button dual assigned with the “Play/Enter” button so I could long press to get Siri. It was great. But every since I got this updater AX-HUB today that requires this app dual assignments no longer work at all. Im forced to use the manually way which is a nightmare, but it always works thankfully.
—> The fact I can get the manual method to always work and this app doesn’t says there is something wrong with your app, and you need to hire better app developers. <—
// Things to Fix: //
(1) Dual-Assigments do not work when using the app
(2) “ATT” is missing from the app (like in the manual ATT should be next to mute hence ATT/Mute) this needs to be fixed as well.
(3) when in the “Button” section for remapping, the title “Remap to” should have ‘short press” underneath it, and the title “Dual assign as” should have ‘long press’ underneath it so users understand what it supposed to do. This is just common sense to add this.
Why are software programers so lazy anymore!!! It’s not okay. Fix it or I’m returning my AX-HUB and getting my $140 back like every other person has.
So a guy spends $50 for a controller, Finds out there’s a way to program it from a phone...only to be made a fool when he has to spend $140 for the magical hub needed to connect to the module in the first place. I’ll take my chances with another company who charges less than half for the module and doesn’t need anything additional. MAJOR CLICKBAIT!!
Needs an update
Using iphone xs max can no longer scroll through options for vehicles in aswc-1 instructions section of the app
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Metra Electronics Corp.
- 72.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Metra Electronics
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.