At azcentral and The Arizona Republic, your story is our story. We’re the biggest newsroom in Arizona. We’ve won a Pulitzer Prize. We serve the largest audience in Phoenix. But none of that matters as much as this fundamental idea: We’re here to seek the truth, to understand the world around us, and to understand one another.
• Access all of The Arizona Republic’s in-depth coverage of Phoenix, including things to do around town and analysis of the Suns, Cardinals, Dbacks, Wildcats, Sun Devils, and more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• The azcentral app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get 30 days free ($7.99/month after). Or if you are already a subscriber to The Arizona Republic, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• New subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. For more details, see "Subscription Support" in the app's settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://static.azcentral.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Opinion Articles are now more clearly labeled
• As usual, we're fixing bugs and improving performance to your subscription
Ratings and Reviews
Great state and local content but app difficult to use
I love AZCentral as my go to source for local and state news. Having been a long time Arizona Republic subscriber I hope AZCentral can provide the financial support needed for the publishers to continue providing Arizona based news stories and articles. My only complaint is with the app and why I didn’t give 5 stars is that too many links appear throughout articles so when when reading and scrolling through the article I inadvertently touch the links which immediately take me to another related story. Very annoying and not a problem with other app news feeds such as AP, NPR and Reuters. I would suggest fewer links in the stories and instead place them at the end of the article if the reader wants to delve further into background. Otherwise, keep up the good work AZCentral and let’s support local joirnalism!
Although I read the paper to keep up locally with what's happening, the paper has become biased. Instead of just reporting the news, it tends to lean toward a more liberal socialist view. I love Phoenix, I love to keep up with what's going on, but I just want straight news and to decide for myself the political outcome thoughts.
Latest Update Makes App Frustrating
Not sure what changes were implemented but after the last IOS and required app updates, every news article is so full of hyperlinks that I can’t read a full article without being redirected to other pages as I try to scroll to continue reading the article. Soooo frustrating that I don’t read as often on the app.
The journalism is fantastic, however, so I will continue to support this quality newspaper.
- 270.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- azcentral Digital Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.