Baby Led Kitchen offers recipes that are safe for babies aged 6 months and up to eat independently - put that blender down! Created by mum of two and Instagrammer @babyledkitchen, all the recipes are nutritionally balanced, easy for babies to eat by themselves, quick to cook and budget-friendly. No slaving away at a hot stove or hunting round supermarkets for hard to find ingredients. There is no upper age limit to any of our recipes, they can be enjoyed by the whole family.
• Over 150 high-quality recipes (and growing) with beautiful imagery and clear instructions
• Swipe away ingredients and steps as you work through the recipe.
• Every recipe is designated a difficulty rating and total time to help you easily pick a suitable recipe while juggling the little ones!
• Search recipes by type: breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner; or by terms such as "CMPA", "vegan", "blueberry", etc.
• Dietary requirement and allergen filtering. I.e. show only gluten free or only vegan, etc.
• Tips & Advice section with baby led weaning How-To's and advice for preparation
• 'Favourite' recipes in the app to save them for later
• Beautiful, slick user experience and clear recipe presentation
• All measurements are provided in both metric and imperial, as well as translations of British terms for international markets
Is your baby around 6 months and ready to start weaning? Did you know you can skip purée and feed your baby ‘real food’ from the get-go?
Baby Led Weaning has so many benefits for your baby:
• Helps baby develop healthy attitudes towards food and a good understanding of when they are full.
• Introduces baby to a world of different flavours, helping them to become more accepting of new foods.
• Gives baby new sensory opportunities each mealtime. They get to explore the textures, tastes and smells of their food for themselves.
• Great for baby’s fine motor skills and dexterity.
• Helps baby to develop a sense of independence and autonomy.
• Helps to reduce stress from mealtimes - you eat your food and they eat theirs!
We hope you and your family enjoy our recipes. Happy cooking!
We've fixed a bug that stopped the app loading on some older iPads and iPhones as well as updating some recipe imagery.
Ratings and Reviews
This app has so many great, easy, creative, and delicious recipes perfect for blw! I love using these recipes and making them my own after a while. I love how I can make these recipes for my whole family, not just my baby (I just add salt or spice to my own plate). I do think an American conversion would be useful, but I get by just fine by googling conversions. I definitely recommend this app whenever I can!
Kind of misleading
I was told about this app through a dairy-free allergy group I’m a part of, and was excited to try it out. It labels the recipes as being dairy free, soy free (although it says soya so I’m assuming it’s soy...) even vegan which makes things way easier to search through. The app itself is really basic, and you cannot apply food filters to narrow down the search options. So I would have given this app a 4. However - I started noticing that when you look at the ingredients of a recipe that’s labeled vegan, there’s egg listed.
Normally, not an issue but my daughter was diagnosed with an egg allergy and was prescribed an epi pen so being vegan just makes it easier on her and us. The recipes look awesome and super easy, but if you’re going to label recipes as being vegan, they better be actually vegan or list a dairy or egg substitute. Kind of weird to me, and why I knocked off a star to 3.
Developer Response ,
Hi! We just wanted to update you to let you know that the recipe that was incorrectly marked as vegan has been corrected in the latest update. Please accept our apologies for that. We are working on being able to have multiple filters – it's not a highly-requested feature but is one that we can see would have a lot of value to some people :) With regards soya/soy – they're the same but we call it "soya" in the UK. Do update and let us know how you get on with the new version :)
Fabulous, easy recipes!
My daughter did BLW when she was a baby, but now that she’s a picky 2-year-old about to start preschool, I needed some healthy, easy, baby/toddler-friendly lunch options for her. I have dozens of these recipes marked as favorites and have already started stocking up in my freezer. So grateful to have easy, healthy, flexible/tweakable recipes that use few ingredients and my toddler will eat!
Developer Response ,
So glad you're enjoying the app 😊 Please let us know if/how we can improve the app for our American audience so we can put any helpful things into our next update. Happy cooking!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.