Fun, unique, and powerful - an incredible baby names app!
• View origins & meanings
• Hear pronunciations
• See recommendations based on your favorites
• View countries where each name is most common
• 100-year popularity graphs
• Name rankings by year
• Names for brothers/sisters
• Name variations
• Tags (e.g., Unisex, On Fire)
• See similar names (e.g., you might like Sophia if you like Isabella)
• Interactive popularity heat map
• Political party leanings
• Profession leanings
• Stripper name or not?
• Save and sort your favorites
• Share on Facebook and Twitter
Nametrix is chock full of real-world, data-driven analysis unrivaled by any other app, website, book, or anything else.
A sampling of what you'll find:
• Emma's most commonly found in Sweden, the UK, and Australia
• In the US, popularity peaked in 2003, but it's peaking again now
• It's currently the most popular name for girls in the US
• It's a vintage name, first popular in the early 1900s
• Other names you might like: Hannah, Abigail, Olivia, Lily
• Potential names for brothers: Samuel, Aiden, Noah, Marcus
• Variants include Ema, Emmah, Emme
• It's currently most popular in the southeastern part of the US
• Emmas have historically gravitated to creative professions such as Singer-songwriter
• Emmas have historically tended to be Democrats in the US
• Emma is not at all a "stripper name"
Top names for plumbers:
Top names for playwrights:
As for other professions, can you guess what Lexus, Stormie, Chastity, and Bambi have in common?
Featured on Good Morning America, Freakonomics.com, New York Times, Babble, Mashable, Disney Baby, Babyology, Parents.com, CafeMom, USA Today, The Daily Dot, and many more.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Minor name data update
Ratings and Reviews
I've recommended this app to all my pregnant friends and relatives. It's super easy to use and has helped my hubby and I a ton when it comes to naming our expected baby. My only complaint is that there isn't a "spelling variations" option so you'll see a ton of different versions of the same names depending on how parents spelled it. But this app is free and has been so useful that I certainly won't mark it down for that!
Fav app for baby names!
I'm shocked there aren't more reviews on this app! This app has tons of details that I've never seen on any other naming apps! And I would say more names to offer. It's easy to use and fun to learn what all of the names mean, the origins, etc. My favorite thing about the app is that it offers suggestions on what names would work with the name you've searched and other nAmes that are similar to it as well.
Great for researching names
I love being able to see the historical popularity of names, being able to sort by era, and also being able to hear the name just to make sure you’ve picked out the correct spelling for the pronunciation you desire.
The developer, Verdant Labs, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Verdant Labs, LLC
- 115.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Verdant Labs
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Version $1.99