Paying off debt doesn’t have to take as long as you think! It’s time to take your money back—and the BabySteps app shows you the fastest way to do it.
Got some credit cards? What about student loans or car payments? (Maybe you’ve got a little bit of everything.) Hey, that’s most people. But you don’t want to be “most people.” With the BabySteps app, you’ll track all your payments in one place and take them out one by one using the powerful debt snowball.
But once those debts are history, what’s next? Your money is finally freed up to do what YOU want it to. And the BabySteps app helps you track your money for the long haul. You’ll work through Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps, the step-by-step playbook with money that’s helped millions go from “I can’t do this” to “I just did that!”
Pay off debt. Build an emergency fund. Save for a down payment on a home. Invest for your future. Watch your confidence with money grow as you reach one goal after another.
TRY RAMSEY+ TO GET THE APP
So, first things first. To access this app, you’ll need to be a member of Ramsey+. (SmartDollar members—you’re already good to go!)
Wait, why not just the BabySteps app? Well, if you want to hit a big money goal (like paying off debt), tracking your progress is just one part. You’ve got to tackle your mindset AND your habits. That’s where Ramsey+ comes in. All three of our apps work together to help you make better choices with money every single day. All those small wins add up to BIG results in your bank account and better habits that get you to your goals faster.
You also get access to:
• EveryDollar – Take control of your spending so you can put more money toward your goals with our easy-to-use budgeting app.
• FinancialPeace – Learn the practical know-how about saving, paying off debt, and building wealth you can start putting into practice TODAY.
Not a member of Ramsey+ yet? No problem. Start your FREE TRIAL at ramseyplus.com.
KEY APP FEATURES
Follow our simple money plan:
• Learn Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps.
• Find out which Baby Step you’re on.
• Work the Baby Steps to pay off debt, save for emergencies, and build wealth.
Track your debt payments using the debt snowball method:
• Discover the date you’ll be totally debt-free.
• Pay off one debt at a time, smallest to largest.
• Find out how much faster you can be debt-free by adding extra money to your monthly payments.
• Throw a digital snowball at your debt every time you make a payment. Boom. It feels good to hit back.
Track your savings:
• Get tips on how to save money faster and establish an emergency fund.
• Flip some digital coins into your piggy bank. Literally.
• Watch your savings account grow—along with your motivation.
Watch in-app coaching from finance experts:
• Dave Ramsey lays out the facts about debt and saving.
• Rachel Cruze gives budgeting tips to reach your goals faster.
• Chris Hogan shows you why an emergency fund is a must-have.
• Ken Coleman dishes out career advice that works at every Baby Step.
Take the app anywhere:
• Track your progress on both desktop and mobile.
• Sync with your EveryDollar budget to update your debt snowball in real time.
App store updates and background improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app for what it is so far but here are some improvements I would love to see in the future:
1. If the current balance of the loan is more than the original balance due to interest and/or fees. The app doesn’t allow you save the info if the current balance is higher than the original balance therefore not allowing you to see your true progress.
2. I wish the app allowed me to link my accounts to each debt. I use to be able to link my CapOne credit card and NAVIENT accounts to the specific debt. I can no longer do this in Every Dollar either. This functionality was very helpful.
AND if Devs could make it possible for us to be able to put in the payment but split it between principal/interest/ and fees would make the debt current balance more accurate.
3. When I login to EveryDollar website, the info from my Baby Steps app isn’t feeding into the website under the Baby Steps section. So I would have to manually re-enter everything to make both the websites and app match. Not a huge inconvenience for me but can be for others who have a very long list of debts in their snowball.
4. The app doesn’t allow you to put in $0 for a payment on a deferred loan/ inactive debt. It feeds into EveryDollar and effects the budget. Please add a “inactive debt” option so that a payment amount isn’t required. If you want to go further for the inactive debt option, put a next payment due date on it that feeds into EveryDollar that sends a notification.
Lost access to this app after subscription ended
I have already purchased the Ramsay plus account but it’s only good for a year. I have already watched all the videos in the program so I don’t need to subscribe again. I am bummed that I no longer have access to this tracking tool since it takes longer than a year to become debt free. There should be an option to purchase this app without having to purchase access to the whole program again.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to submit that feedback. There are several subscription options available you might be interested in. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd love to discuss this further with you!
Had to cancel this
No matter what I did it would not update some of my credit card debts so my EveryDollar budget was always out of whack. And I tried everything. I’m not new to this I’ve been using EveryDollar for over two years. And I thought-great! it’ll check my credit card things for me and I don’t have to go redo it manually every month. But it didn’t update from like two months ago and every time I go to update it it shows the correct information but did not transfer it to EveryDollar. So I had to delete it so that I can get the right amounts so they can properly plan. And there’s no way to manually fix it. If there was a way for me to override it I’d be OK it works for almost every credit card. But not all of them and that’s a flaw
Developer Response ,
Hi Jane! Thanks for taking the time to submit this review. We're sorry to hear about the trouble. If you'd ever like us to see how we could help get the tool working better for you, we'd be happy to. To do so, please submit a request regarding this issue to help.ramseyplus.com.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Lampo Group Incorporated
- 134.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lampo Licensing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ramsey Plus $129.99