Paying off debt doesn’t have to take as long as you think! It’s time to take your money back—and the BabySteps app shows you the fastest way to do it.
Got some credit cards? What about student loans or car payments? (Maybe you’ve got a little bit of everything.) Hey, that’s most people. But you don’t want to be “most people.” With the BabySteps app, you’ll track all your payments in one place and take them out one by one using the powerful debt snowball.
But once those debts are history, what’s next? Your money is finally freed up to do what YOU want it to. And the BabySteps app helps you track your money for the long haul. You’ll work through Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps, the step-by-step playbook with money that’s helped millions go from “I can’t do this” to “I just did that!”
Pay off debt. Build an emergency fund. Save for a down payment on a home. Invest for your future. Watch your confidence with money grow as you reach one goal after another.
TRY RAMSEY+ TO GET THE APP
So, first things first. To access this app, you’ll need to be a member of Ramsey+. (SmartDollar members—you’re already good to go!)
Wait, why not just the BabySteps app? Well, if you want to hit a big money goal (like paying off debt), tracking your progress is just one part. You’ve got to tackle your mindset AND your habits. That’s where Ramsey+ comes in. All three of our apps work together to help you make better choices with money every single day. All those small wins add up to BIG results in your bank account and better habits that get you to your goals faster.
You also get access to:
• EveryDollar – Take control of your spending so you can put more money toward your goals with our easy-to-use budgeting app.
• FinancialPeace – Learn the practical know-how about saving, paying off debt, and building wealth you can start putting into practice TODAY.
Not a member of Ramsey+ yet? No problem. Start your FREE TRIAL at ramseyplus.com.
KEY APP FEATURES
Follow our simple money plan:
• Learn Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps.
• Find out which Baby Step you’re on.
• Work the Baby Steps to pay off debt, save for emergencies, and build wealth.
Track your debt payments using the debt snowball method:
• Discover the date you’ll be totally debt-free.
• Pay off one debt at a time, smallest to largest.
• Find out how much faster you can be debt-free by adding extra money to your monthly payments.
• Throw a digital snowball at your debt every time you make a payment. Boom. It feels good to hit back.
Track your savings:
• Get tips on how to save money faster and establish an emergency fund.
• Flip some digital coins into your piggy bank. Literally.
• Watch your savings account grow—along with your motivation.
Watch in-app coaching from finance experts:
• Dave Ramsey lays out the facts about debt and saving.
• Rachel Cruze gives budgeting tips to reach your goals faster.
• Chris Hogan shows you why an emergency fund is a must-have.
• Ken Coleman dishes out career advice that works at every Baby Step.
Take the app anywhere:
• Track your progress on both desktop and mobile.
• Sync with your EveryDollar budget to update your debt snowball in real time.
App store updates and background improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app for what it is so far but here are some improvements I would love to see in the future:
1. If the current balance of the loan is more than the original balance due to interest and/or fees. The app doesn’t allow you save the info if the current balance is higher than the original balance therefore not allowing you to see your true progress.
2. I wish the app allowed me to link my accounts to each debt. I use to be able to link my CapOne credit card and NAVIENT accounts to the specific debt. I can no longer do this in Every Dollar either. This functionality was very helpful.
AND if Devs could make it possible for us to be able to put in the payment but split it between principal/interest/ and fees would make the debt current balance more accurate.
3. When I login to EveryDollar website, the info from my Baby Steps app isn’t feeding into the website under the Baby Steps section. So I would have to manually re-enter everything to make both the websites and app match. Not a huge inconvenience for me but can be for others who have a very long list of debts in their snowball.
4. The app doesn’t allow you to put in $0 for a payment on a deferred loan/ inactive debt. It feeds into EveryDollar and effects the budget. Please add a “inactive debt” option so that a payment amount isn’t required. If you want to go further for the inactive debt option, put a next payment due date on it that feeds into EveryDollar that sends a notification.
$129 a year to utilize the app is ridiculous
The app is a decent product, however, I would rather pay a flat fee to “purchase” the app then pay $129 a year to use it. I prefer the EveryDollar app (not plus) so I don’t need to upgrade to it. I’ve done FPU online and watch Dave Ramsey show and listen to podcast. $129 a year for an app is not a good investment, I’d rather put that money toward my debt. This app should be a minimal flat fee purchase or free as is EveryDollar regular app.
This should not force links to EveryDollar
The idea of this app is great, but there should be a way to unlink debt from the EveryDollar app. The fact that once it’s linked you cannot unlink the two app is annoying and a little presumptuous to think you know what’s best for me. Dave talks about not wanting government to control his life and the inability to unlink step 2 when you pay for Ramsey plus really upsets me.
The linking is screwing up my budget. For example if I find money not budgeted in order for it to be clean across the app I have to add it as unplanned income and then update debt in two locations. The place I pay it out of budget and then the balance on the baby step app. If I update just babystep app with balance the EveryDollar doesn’t like it. Just let me unlink
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Lampo Group Incorporated
- 134.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Lampo Licensing, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Ramsey Plus $129.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.