In the Award-winning game Back to Bed, you must guide the sleepwalker Bob safely through unique and beautiful dream worlds and back to his bed.
In Back To Bed you will guide Bob, a sleepwalking, unlucky narcoleptic, that has a habit of falling asleep at his boring office job. Take control of Subob, a creature of Bobs subconsciousness. Move apples and fish to guide Bob back to bed. Go through portals, and walk on vertical walls to complete different levels that escalade in difficulty as you progress.
Explore the world of Bobs subconsciousness, which is a hand-drawn artistic dream world, that represents the land of Bobs dreams.
The game includes a nightmare mode for hardcore puzzle solvers - you think you got what it takes?
DOWNLOAD now and help Bob BACK TO BED! But be careful! The eyes are watching you ”scary smiley”
No ads and no in-app purchases.
"The lines are blurred between art and game. If you feel like being caught between worlds, this is the game to take the trip with." - Touch Arcade
“Back to Bed manages to simultaneously be predictable and surprising, sleepy and lively, scary and comforting—just like any good piece of Surrealist art.” - Killscreen
“Back to Bed is what happens when you let Dali, Escher, and Magritte develop a game.” - PowerUpGaming.co.uk
“What you see isn’t always what it seems, and the moments that use these ploys are some of the best Back to Bed has to offer. It’s mindbending and an utter delight.” - Twinfinite
Awards & Nominations:
- IGF Student Showcase Winner 2013
- Dutch Game Awards 2012: Guts & Glory Award
- Unity Awards 2012: Best Student Project - Nominee
- Nordic Game Indie Night 2012: Finalist
- Casual Connect Europe 2014: Best Console - Nominee
• Unique surreal and artistic game universe: A strange but beautiful dream universe that mixes elements from the real world and the world of dreams to create something unique, surreal and sometimes a bit scary.
• Isometric puzzle levels: Navigate detailed 3D puzzles that defy the laws of physics, wherein the player must manipulate the strange environment to create a safe path Bob and avoid the dangers of the puzzle.
• Two characters as one: Play as the embodied subconsciousness, in the form of a small guardian creature, trying to save its own sleepwalking body from dangers of the dream world.
• Picturesque visual style: Discover the feeling of playing in a piece of art set in a digital frame. A visual style inspired by hand-painted techniques, surreal art and impossible shapes.
• Nightmare mode: Unlock a more challenging version of the game, made for those who truly want to test their puzzle solving skills and enjoy thinking many steps ahead, or who are just too stubborn to give up.
• MFI Controller Supported
Keep up with Back to Bed at www.facebook.com/Backtobedthegame
Back to Bed sends automated bug reports, device information, gameplay and location data. The information sent does not include personal or private information nor can it be used to reveal the identity of a player. The purpose of the data is to discover bugs and improve the experience of Back to Bed on the most common devices. All information is strictly for internal use and will not be provided to any third party.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Game is now updated to support iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Great potential! Need to make controls “Tap-To-Walk.”
I think this game has great potential; however, like it has been said already, the controls need fixing before this game is truly enjoyable.
I think this game would be perfectly suited for a “tap to walk” interface. Adding such should be a fairly straightforward process. When a player taps on the screen the game places a temporary marker and the character follows a move-to-marker-while-avoiding-objects instruction. Right now the game is somewhat playable but with an intuitive control scheme, it could be quite enjoyable as well!
Great for Apple TV gaming
I love this game. However, I am not a game fanatic. I got this as a time waster, so I'm not stuck watching Netflix all the time. I really like this in it's simplicity and complexity. The controls are used by the Apple TV remote, but there's a catch. You have to re-adjust your habits of the Apple remote once you figure out how to use it. I'm almost finished with this and could play it many times. There are cute little 'challenges' and 'points/rewards' hidden in the preferences of the game. If you like crosswords or those kind of simple games, this is a great animate version of a brain teaser.
Bland and unimaginative
I really didn't enjoy the handful of levels I played of this game. Controls are terribly clunky and unmanageable. You have essentially d-pad controls but have to move your avatar diagonally, which resulted in me mostly being unable to get the green monster to position itself where I needed it. This is unacceptable in a real-time puzzle game.
I also felt the game realy didn't have anything going for it in terms of design. A guy walks in straight lines and turns right when he hits a wall. Meanwhile, you quickly try to drop giant green apples in front of him to get hit to turn where you want... Very bland.
I'm sure the later parts of the game will add a few more minor mechanics, but I don't think the game will be worth finishing for me.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Surreal Games ApS
- 300.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2013 Surreal Games ApS
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.