Backblaze Mobile for iOS is a free app to view, download, and share files you have backed up to your Backblaze Personal Backup account. Easily access your files from devices running iOS 12 and up.
* Access files backed up to Backblaze Personal Backup
* Upload / download files into Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
* Touch ID access supported for login
* Search for specific files and download to your iOS device
* Thumbnail preview of downloaded image files
* Share files via text, email, etc
* Founded in 2007
* 400,000,000+ GB of customer data under storage
* Recommended by About.com, The Verge, Lifehacker, re/code, Macworld... and hundreds of thousands of customers across over 175 countries
"You will sleep so much better knowing you have Backblaze." - John Gruber
"I've used other online backup, Backblaze is my favorite." - Marco Arment
"I like and can recommend Backblaze." - Walt Mossberg
Users with iOS 13+ can now upload files to B2 Cloud Storage.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Seems to work fine for me
It saved my userid and password for use with TouchID. Allowed me to download a spreadsheet, an .mp3, and a 5MB .pdf file. No issues. Allows sending to other iOS apps. Backblaze is not a Cloud Sync’ing service like Dropbox. It’s a backup protection service. This extra feature that they provide access too all my files while on-the-go is really appreciated. They don’t stream large files like movies, but, that seems like a lot to ask of a backup provider. Use your own Plex server if that’s what you want. I was forced out of CrashPlan like a lot of fellow users, and honestly, I did like CrashPlan a little better. But, I also know they didn’t feel like what I paid them was worth it for the service they thought they provided so they exited the business. Not much I can do about that. Backblaze is adequate and at a reasonable price. And this app, while not feature rich, works fine for accessing my files on the go and in an emergency.
This app is very useful, but some additional features would improve it substantially. I would like to see stats on my buckets and folders that are only available online like the storage space used for buckets and folders and the number of items located in those places. Also a history of last modified or uploaded or downloaded files would be nice. These features would eliminate my need to go to the website. I could just check for information I need about my backups in the app.
Great service. Weak App.
I really like the Backblaze service, but the app is terribly limited in at least two ways that impact it's usability for me:
1. The app is incredibly reluctant to grab updated summary information from the Backblaze servers. I have a Mac Mini with a large external drive that's still trying to finish the initial upload after a couple months. Consequently, while away from home on business I like to pull up the app to check my upload process (not to mention occasionally retrieve files). Unfortunately, I find the upload total rarely updates. After a week or so of refreshing the app or killing the app using the multitasking/app-switcher/app-killer function then re-starting the app. I'll finally see a new total and it'll be a couple dozen more gigabytes. Clearly the uploads continue but the app just isn't gathering/reporting it well at all.
2. The second is short and sweet. I don't believe there should be a bandwith cap on downloadable files. Is there a necessary or unavoidable technological limitation causing this? If it's just a proprietary business decision, drop it. More often than not I've needed a file on mobile while on the road yet been unable to access it for download because it's size is reportedly too large.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 18.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Backblaze, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.