"Throwing balls toward a target is the oldest game known to mankind...and next to soccer, the most popular game in the world." - bocce.org
The Egyptians played it 7000 years ago. Greeks and Romans played it. Great rulers like Augustus, Queen Elizabeth, and George Washington played it. Great thinkers like Galileo and Da Vinci played it. Isn't it time you learned how to play?
A welcome departure from fast paced shoot-em-ups, Backboard Bocce is a casual turn-based game that's easy to learn, fun to play, and challenging to master. It puts a modern twist on the world’s oldest sport, bringing you a portable version that can be enjoyed anywhere and anytime.
With 4 different modes of play, you can practice solo then go head-to-head against friends and family, whether they're in the same room or on the other side of the world:
1. Single Player: learn the basics and improve your shot by practicing against the robot. But beware - the robot gets harder to beat each time you win, making for some wildly addictive game play.
2. Pass-and-Play: take turns passing your device back and forth and experience the real fun of bocce as a socially competitive sport.
3. Head-to-Head: friend have their own device? Playing together in the same room allows for casual banter while you take turns tossing balls.
4. Turns with Friends: challenge a friend remotely and Apple's Game Center will send you notifications when it's your turn to play. Finish a match in real-time over the internet or take turns throughout the week to see who's got the best aim and strategy.
Install Backboard Bocce today, toss out the pallino, and join a bit of history!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The game is rather fun. I don't necessarily like the way the ball bounces, as I never see that in my real bocce games, but it does depend on the court surface. I don't understand those who say the robot cheats, or shoots too well, etc. I don't see that at all. If anything, the robot is too stupid, trying shots that aren't really possible. I beat the stupid thing at least 9 times out of 10. Wish I could do that to opponents in real life on real bocce courts !
True to the real game
Love this game - especially the head to head mode when you can play against a friend at the office or bar or with the kids at home. Has a mysterious property in that my kids always beat me though! And the robot mode is pretty tough as well. If you ever played bocce out in the hot sun, you will want to grab a cool drink and start playing this excellent adaptation to the iPad. Bravo to the publisher for a fun, engaging game that kids and adults can play together.
Fun and challenging for a simple looking game
On the surface this looks like a simple physics game. While it does fit safely in that grouping the AI is more cunning than most I've played and the simple game play is simple to learn and hard to perfect.
- Creekline Design, LLC
- 15.1 MB
Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Creekline Design, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Lawn Gnome $0.99
- Pink Flamingo $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.