Backchannel Chat is a real time discussion tool designed for educational use. It provides teachers with all of the tools to successfully manage a classroom backchannel.
We provide teacher tools for:
* Moderating and removing content
* Locking the chat room from students to help control the pace of the discussions
* Profanity filter
* Ability to make students "read-only"
* Message amplification tools - students can up-vote relevant content
* Private messaging between teachers and students
* Reporting information to help determine student participation
* Full transcripts
Backchannel Chat provides safe and secure real time discussion tools that have been designed for educational use. Teachers have full control of the discussion - they can remove messages, lock the room, and prevent students from contributing. Our modern rooms will transform your classroom.
Fixes for iOS9
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just keeps loading - does not work
I just downloaded the app, hoping it was less clunky than the website and it doesn’t even work. I also noticed they haven’t updated it in 4 years, so there you go. Don’t waste your time. Stick with the website.
App keeps quitting
Just tried the app in a classroom environment and if quit every 10 minutes. Needed more stability to be functional.
Haven't tried using the app with my students yet, but it seems pretty basic. One really annoying this is that it doesn't support landscape mode (yet) so you have a really tiny portrait mode keypad to peck away on. I'll wait patiently for the updates
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.