Backdrop is a simple utility to fill your screen with a giant blank window. Fill the window with a solid color or a custom image, your choice. ALSO, includes a Fullscreen Color Cycle mode to see various colors filling your displays.
Backdrop received a 4 Mouse Rating by Macworld
Backdrop is useful for:
* Screenshots - take screenshots of one or many windows without having to clean up your desktop
* One thing at a time - Use Backdrop in between applications to let you focus on a few windows at a time. Want just one window of an app? Switch to Backdrop, then use Expose to pick out the window.
* Web design - create a full size image with outlines of more common screen sizes to help to check how your pages will look on different monitors
* Fullscreen Color Cycle - run the Cycle to see red, green, blue, white, and black from corner-to-corner on your displays.
* Supports multiple displays
* Set a color or a custom image
* Fullscreen Color Cycle mode
* Remains in the background during Exposé
* Works well with Spaces
* Setting to choose whether Backdrop appears in all Spaces or not.
* Fixed (hopefully) a crash bug when finishing a Fullscreen Color Cycle
* Fixed an issue where starting and stopping Fullscreen Color Cycles quickly could leave the Backdrop window in a bad state (covering everything until you quit the app).
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, But a couple a things I must mention….
Great, But a couple a things I must mention, First, there needs to be a least a "simple" little manual for this app, and second, I cannot figure out how to get it to dsplay more than one backdrop at a time, on any one single screen/space… If anyone knows how to do that, I would like to know, exp. Like being able to display a whole folder a photos at once cause as of now, Backdrop will only let me choose one image at a time for a backdrop. 😕
I have had this for a long time and never bothered to review it... BUT I have to say, it continues to work great through every OS update.
Does exactly what it says, it will make your desktop neat and pretty with just one click.
This is my go to app for all my presentations... no matter how chaotic my desktop (and life!) no one else has to know.
Simple App, Works Well
This is a simple app that works very well. It does a great job hidiing my messy desktop when I am sharing my desktop with clients or taking screenshots.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.