A backgammon app with quick and smooth in-game play. Features a strong neural network based AI built using deep learning and trained exclusively via self play.
- Play against friends in two-player mode or play against the neural networked AI.
- Four different levels of computer strength: Beginner, Intermediate, Hard, and Expert.
- See statistics on your play skill, error rate, and your game / match history against the AI.
- Tutor mode helps you improve your backgammon game. Receive advice on your moves and see the AI's evaluations of all possible moves.
- Pip counter and equity meter.
- Beat the computer to unlock different boards.
- Many other configurable settings...
Minor bug fixes and visual improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Love it and hate it
Love playing the game, but I do not like playing the computer because EVERY TIME I leave a spot unprotected the dice roll for the computer turn that takes my man. Every. Time. It can’t be random if it constantly happens. This needs to be fixed.
Gammon is my game
I really like this app over all the others I’ve tried and I’ll tell you why. I really like that the expert level plays at a perfect level from an AI computer playing itself millions of times. From this standard it rates my play against AI perfection. I have learned A LOT. People say the dice rolling is favored to the computer but I don’t find that at all. I consistently beat the computer and sometimes my rolls are hot and sometimes they are not.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the kind words!
Better than sex
This backgammon game utterly changed my life. It's so addictive and fun that I neglected all my human relationships to play and beat the computer on expert. I still haven't won, but now that my family has left me I'll have more time to dedicate to backgammon!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.