- Fixed critical bug
Ratings and Reviews
Competitive and fun
Out of the five backgammon apps I’ve downloaded and played over the past few years, this is probably the most competitive and enjoyable due to the opportunity to compete with players around the world. The random dice generator is fair and game analysis with dice rolls are provided after each game. The latest update provided pairings based upon experience and winning percentage. Overall, I have enjoyed it to learn and improve my strategy.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your kind words:) appreciate it
So sad! Random dice....MY #*#* This game is such a scam!!! You win when you buy coins. Then, with each update you fall from the good graces of the games creators. This is the type of fraud (APP) that Apple should take a closer look into and investigate cheats. I’ve been playing this particular app for a couple years now. I know its seems like a waste of time, but I kept a separate tab of my rolls and they did not match the game stats. Its rigged and you’ll see if you keep your own stats. When the only roll that can take you out occurs time and time again, compared to reality, you’ll wonder why and how the app creators are allowed to sell in the App Store. The worst part, is I truly love the game of backgammon, this app with all its boards and great effects means nothing, when its lost the respect of those that love the game. Remember, when the first dice are admittedly fixed, the rest of the game is too. Win or Lose, it feels cheap when you look back at the dice and when/how they were rolled.
Developer Response ,
Dear player, thank you for your review, but this is a false claim.
Apple checks all apps and they would never approve the app if this was the case and there would be no logical reason for us to fix the dice. Randomness is random. There is no rule preventing one player rolling more doubles than the other. It is randomness. If both players rolled same amount of doubles it would not be random and would not be interesting. Furthermore, our dice numbers correspond to mathematical expectancy long term and you can check it yourself in the dice section of the profile.
Hours of fun
Have played game for years. Dice sometimes don’t seem far but the luck of it goes around. Good fast play, always an online opponent. Dame has changed its face and play variations multiple times. Developers are responsive to comments and suggestions. Uses the open source dice algorithm everyone uses. Also has a nice offline play to practice and use on airplane mode. One of the best online games out there.
Developer Response ,
Dear player, there are several ways you can test accuracy of dice in our app for yourself:
1) You can check the average long term dice roll statistics in Statistics -> Dice both for yourself and your opponents. This shows the percentages of average dice rolls that comply to mathematical expectancy.
2) In the latest update, after each game you can check a ""seed"" number in the last game statistics. Click on the question mark near this seed and you will be taken to our website where you can check that Mersenne Twister Random Number Generator truly generates this sequence of dice rolls from this particular seed, that way confirming that the dice are truly generated from Mersenne Twister RNG and not manipulated.
3) In main chat you can enter the command .dices, you will see total roll count on server since restart and percentage of doubles rolled. You can see for yourself this complies with mathematical expectancy.
4) The Mersenne Twister Random Number Generator is open source. Everyone can download it and take a look. Please download it here:
Please use these options to confirm that the dice are indeed fairly generated. Luck can differ from game to game, that is what randomness is all about!
- 2KB LLC
- 55.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © 2KB LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Board: Metal $0.99
- Board: 10,000 BC $0.99
- Board: Pro $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.