• Also available for OS X in the Mac App Store
Backgammon Online was the first internet-capable backgammon app in the App Store and Mac App Store. Play anywhere at any time against real people.
You can choose between several servers to play on:
• the vivid First Internet Backgammon Server (FIBS, see fibs.com) or the similar TigerGammon (see ti-ga.com)
• or Game Center
• On FIBS there are also very sophisticated bots of different playing strengths which are a serious challenge to even the most skilled Backgammon players
• Creating a new FIBS account is just a matter of finding a suitable user name, no web-site visits or personal informations required
• Automatic forced moves and bear-off
• Integrated FIBS Chat and Game Center Text and Voice Chat
• All aborted matches are automatically saved
• Ratings for each player are based on match results and other factors, thus you can easily find a player with your playing ability. The same algorithm is used for both FIBS and Game Center accounts, thus it is easily compared
• Finished matches can be saved in the MAT file format and later downloaded to your desktop computer using iTunes. The matches can then be analyzed using professional backgammon software
• Tap or drag or multi-drag your tiles back and forth, using backgammon on a device has never felt so natural
• You can also play offline (use as an Backgammon Board)
- Fix a crash related to showing chats on iPads
- Fix layout issues with the other match length interface on iPhones
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Gorgeous interface but way too many bots!!
Beautifully rendered app, but way too many bots. Waaaaaay too many bots. Ridiculous amount. And there is something weird about the game. Can't explain it. You'll see once you start playing with other 'people.'
Don't blame 64 on FIBS downtime
I've loved FIBS and this app for years. Lately (summer 2017) a hardware issue has taken the FIBS servers down. Temporarily of course. 64 is a great app for playing backgammon against humans and expert bots. No non-fibs based app can even come close... if you don't know, 64 is a nicely designed interface linking to the independently run FIBS server. I felt I should send some love their way because people were blaming them for a FIBS issue out of their control. Plus they've responded to reviews telling you how to change the server within the app and get to playing again. That's support to me.
On FIBS nothing could be better than this app. Flat out. Maybe there’s better but I could care less since I want nothing more than to play live opponents(or bots which on FIBS all bots are identified) with no interference or ads or delays and with maximal speed. Period.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Golde Bothmann
- 76.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 multimedia-go
- In-App Purchases
- Classic Boards
- Wooden Boards
- Green Board
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.