Backgammon with Buddies lets you play backgammon with your friends whether they’re nearby or far away.
You can open the app and play on your phone or tablet, just as you would with a board. It’s also possible to play with other players over Game Center or against your friends through the Messages app, by sending the board back and forth after every turn. If you don’t know the rules, the app also contains a small guide to help you get started and a computer-controlled opponent that you can test your understanding against.
Backgammon with Buddies also supports a wide range of accessibility features, such as Dynamic Type, reduced transparency, VoiceOver and custom rotors. This means that you can play Backgammon with all your buddies, not just those who can see or touch the board.
• Beautifully designed board with rich wood textures and felt lining
• An integrated Messages app experience to play with far away friends
• Remote play against other players over Game Center
• Highly accessible with VoiceOver and Dynamic Type
• A lightweight app that respects your privacy
Fixed in this release:
• Accessibility elements for the board now correctly rotate with your device’s orientation.
This release also builds upon the following features released in version 3.0:
• Play against the CPU opponent to test your understanding of the backgammon rules.
• Remote play against other Game Center players.
• Support for multiple windows on iPadOS 13 and later.
Did you find something unusual, maybe a bug? Message us on Twitter @BackgammonBuds or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Outstanding all around!
This is a great adaptation of the classic game, and a great example of what can be done in terms of Voiceover support among other accessibility features to boot! I can't tell you how thrilling it was to be able to play this game after 20 or so years of having no chance, all while chatting with my opponent in the messages window!
Really impressed by this app. It may not matter to many, but the VoiceOver support is top notch and innovative. The game-play is smooth and intuitive. The only improvement I would love is if they would add some AI's to practice against. Other than that, well done!
I can’t believe they even charge for this app. Awful to navigate and not user friendly at all. Tried for a while with it and then just deleted it. Makes you reluctant to purchase other apps. Wish I could get a refund.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we’re sorry you didn’t enjoy the game. Please reach out on Twitter @BackgammonBuds or email us at email@example.com with additional feedback about what could be done to improve your experience.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.