Sweeping Away your Poor HTML Clutter since 2002!
Use Balthisar Tidy for Work to make sure your HTML is clean, error free, accessible, and valid. With full support for modern HTML5, Tidy HTML, and the W3C Nu Validator, Balthisar Tidy surpasses macOS's built-in, terminal version of this venerable tool.
Balthisar Tidy for Work is an upgrade to Balthisar Tidy (which is absolutely 100% free). Look for it on the App Store for a free, no pressure alternative. Balthisar Tidy for Work gives you these extra features not available in Balthisar Tidy:
• AppleScript support, allowing you to automate Tidy so that you can process hundreds of files in an hour (for example).
• Unix configuration file exporting support and important. If you love Balthisar Tidy's settings management but prefer to leverage shell scripts, then this feature will prove essential to your workflow.
• RTF Export of the Tidy text in full color. This is great for code reviews, visual aids, and producing documentation.
• Precise management of editor colors and themes. Customize your text editor to work the way you want it to.
• The web preview feature can show split views of your before and after Tidying code, assuring you that HTML Tidy isn't making undesired changes.
And of course Balthisar Tidy for Work includes the standard features as Balthisar Tidy:
• Tidy and check your documents with HTML Tidy.
• Validate your document conformance with the W3C Nu HTML Checker using the built-in checker or with the official validator service.
• Balthisar Tidy can tidy documents in other applications as a Service.
• Balthisar Tidy can tidy documents in other applications as an Action Extension.
• Full-featured text editor with instant results.
• Supports every macOS file encoding.
• See a live preview of the effects each Tidy option has on your code.
• See a live Browser Preview of the Tidy’d code.
• Identify errors and be directed to their exact location in your source code in an instant.
• Correct errors in the source document immediately.
• Identifies and automatically corrects several potential errors.
• Automatically cleans up ugly code from HTML generator applications.
• Identifies opportunities to ensure accessibility compliance.
• Pretty-print formats your source code for maximum legibility.
Additionally Balthisar Tidy for Work will be targeted first for internationalization and localization.
W3C Validator updated to version 19.10.24.
System services work once again.
Application icon updated, and is now more uniform at different sizes. It's also visually distinct from Balthisar Tidy's new icon.
A newer version of the syntax highlighter performs even better highlighting of your text.
The settings for the syntax highlighter now allow styles such as bold, italic, and underline in your display themes.
Minimum supported version of macOS updated to macOS 10.12, which allows us to serve you better!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very Affordable, Modern, Automated HTML Code Verifier and Corrector
09-20-2019 Update: I first reviewed this app three years ago. I am very surprised to see that no one else has reviewed it or rated it since that time. This is an excellent, stable app for website developers who want to verify and fix their HTML code. Following is my original review:
If you are a busy website developer who likes to check and automatically correct his or her HTML work, you will find Balthisar Tidy for Work to be a very useful app in your arsenal of web development tools.
There is nothing to not like about this app. Consider the following points:
• It is modern, up-to-date Tidy code with the latest W3C specifications, and not the old 2004 - 2008 Tidy code.
• It has a very simple, straightforward design with a lot of inline help.
• It is El Capitan compatible.
• You can tweak a long list of preferences to your heart's content so that your HTML documents look exactly the way that you want them to.
• It handles batch processing consisting of dozens, hundreds or even thousands of HTML documents.
• Not only does it find HTML coding errors, it automatically fixes them as well.
• The developer -- Jim Derry -- is very responsive to troubleshooting any problems which may arise, and is very cordial to boot. He continues to add new features and functionality to the app, as his time permits.
I have no complaints, and I have the confidence and peace of mind that Balthisar Tidy for Work will produce code-perfect HTML documents whenever I use it. So if you are a web designer and HTML coder who is picky about your HTML code, I recommend that you give this app a try. I don't think that you will be disappointed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.