Create, share, and discover music without limits on BandLab – your all-in-one app for music creation, from ideation to distribution.
BandLab is your free song making and beat making app. Join over 60 million users expressing themselves freely on our social music platform. No matter your skill level or background, BandLab is your creative outlet with features designed for every step of your musical journey!
Record music on the go with an intuitive Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), built-in effects, and royalty free loops and samples – BandLab is the creative tool right in your pocket.
Create without limits with our multi-track Studio:
• An intuitive Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) to record, edit, and remix your music
• Apply built-in effects, or find loops and samples from our royalty-free sound packs to build a beat
• Access creator-friendly tools like Metronome, Tuner, AutoPitch (a pitch correction tool), and AudioStretch (a music transcription tool)
• Unlimited cloud storage and accessibility across all devices so you can take your Studio anywhere, and make music using just your desktop, tablet, or phone
Be part of a music-loving community:
• Connect and collaborate with like-minded artists
• Create playlists in your favorite genres
• Watch live streams from fellow creators
Propel your creator journey with BandLab Membership:
• Get early access to experimental features with Backstage Pass
• Score exclusive music industry access through Opportunities
• Release your music on major streaming platforms with Distribution
• Unlock more artist-centric features like Fan Reach and Profile Boost
Download BandLab now to explore a world of exciting possibilities!
• *NEW* Drum Machine – Our online sequencer makes it seamless to craft drum parts for your song. Create rhythmic drum patterns quickly with a library of genre-diverse drum sounds.
• Sampler – Make your own samples by recording sounds around you, or choose from over 15,000 royalty-free sounds and beats from BandLab Sounds to build a beat.
• 16-Track Studio – Bring your Studio anywhere. Access our multi-track DAW from anywhere – use it as an audio recording app, build a beat right from your phone, and more!
• 330+ Virtual MIDI Instruments – Need 808s for your beats, or synthesizers for your lead lines? Access over 330+ cutting-edge Virtual MIDI instruments to craft your beats right in Studio!
• Metronome and Tuner – Practice anywhere with our in-app Metronome and Tuner – designed for the modern music maker and producer.
• 300+ Vocal/Guitar/Bass Audio Presets – Unlock a curated library of world-class effects and presets for free. From ambient sounds to modulation effects, change up your sound in an instant.
• AutoPitch - Record your best vocals yet with this quality Auto-Tune alternative. Experiment and get creative with five unique vocal effects – Classic, Duet, Robot, Big Harmony, and Modern Rap.
• Looper – New to composing? Just pick a Looper pack in a genre you like, load it up, and you’ll have a starting point for building a simple beat or crafting a backing track!
• Mastering – Master unlimited tracks online for free before releasing your songs. Get a polished sound instantly with four mastering presets, created by Grammy-winning producers and sound engineers.
• Remix Tracks – Need inspiration for your next masterpiece? Put your unique twist on a public “Forkable” track shared by a fellow creator – remix their song and make it your own!
• Easy Beat Making - Craft a simple beat to rap or sing over with intuitive music making tools. Use royalty-free samples and artist packs as a quick starting point in Studio!
• Creator Connect - Connect with like-minded creators from around the world and start an epic music collaboration, wherever you are.
Work in landscape mode on iPad while using features like Splitter, Tuner, and more! We’ve also fixed various crashes, and you can once again add new regions to Drum Machine tracks.
Ratings and Reviews
My home away from home in my phone
I've been with bandlab for around 3 years now. And I haven't found a single other app that compares. Bandlab stands alone without exaggeration. They are constantly improving the app and fine tuning it, always adding new fun and useful features. They (developers) pay attention to our suggestions and work them in to the updates. They are on top of the feedback, even if you tend to be a bit...uncommon(???)... Idk how many people they have in their team, but they are all musicians who know their stuff and that's who responds when you have feedback. I have seen this app grow into an amazing place to create music...not just music; but professional quality, music you can be proud of, I think there's like millions of users??? Alot! And many are some pretty heavy hitters in the musical world. All over the world! Intermingling and ready to collaborate with YOU! Seriously! I've learned and grown so much more than I expected to because of this FREE app. Bandlab has become a home to me because of the devoted developers, the amazing musicians from all corners of the world, and the tools that allow me to create music that I could not do if bandlab wasn't available or cost $.
Thank you bl devs... Y'all add the music to a muted world🖤
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the love, ColLeeN.M.BerrY! We really appreciate every single word! Feedback like this keeps us passionate and motivated. Thanks a lot for being a part of the community!
Love, BandLab Team
Amazing.. to an extent
My time using that app has been absolutely amazing. I am an instrumentalist who specializes in woodwinds so I use this app to create my own arrangements of pieces I one day hope to conduct myself once I become a director. I started using the app when you could have up to 12 tracks and now you can have 16. The only issue I have is you can ‘only’ have up to 16 tracks. Yes, I know that seems like a lot when you’re looking at it, but when you’re arranging for a band that has around 20 instruments before percussion is even thought of, it gets really difficult to have that full sound you dream of and try to produce on your own. To be quite honest, the amount of tracks is the only thing I would change about the app as it develops. That app has helped me use music as an outlet even more than anything else has, but I’m still not able to do everything I want with the app which is difficult to feel like I’ve ever finished anything because I have to end up leaving half of the ensembles sound out of the recordings. Even if the number only went to 18 or 20 it would open up a whole new world of possibilities for aspiring musicians such as myself. Other than that one detail, the app is phenomenal and has so many options from types of reverb to adjusting the whole key of the piece by the scroll of your thumb. It is quite amazing and y’all should definitely check it out!
Developer Response ,
Amazing review, Elvis! It's things like this that keep us going. We get what you mean with the number of tracks, and it's something that we're already looking into and hopefully add to future updates! Don't forget to bump up the rating once it's available 😀
Pros and cons
At this point it rarely works longer than an hour. I delete and download this multiple times a day to make one song :( it happens at any point. Right when I open the app. Or when I’m about to finish. Or when I’m in the middle of recording. It will just force close or suddenly sign me out and say I can’t sign back in. (Error or this link doesn’t exist) That’s when I have to delete it. Also, When I open an existing file. It will randomly say my microphone doesn’t work or I have to choose that option. But It was fine a second ago when I recorded. I’ll push record and it’s an old recording I deleted etc. these are the problems I have. But I still use it with all these frustrations because there’s nothing else out there like this..
So there is no other app out there like this. It’s amazing. I will continue to use it even though there are a few glitches and errors that occur. Sometimes for no reason. It will force close. Then I spend a few minutes deleting the app and downloading again. That seems to be the only suggestion from the support group. It does work but a little inconvenient. Sometimes songs just disappear. I’ve had a few occasions of them showing up again. But I’ve also lost a few. I just save them to my computer now. For me, the pros outweigh the cons. Only because I’ve never found a app this simple where you can record your music and singing. Also, the community is awesome :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the endless support, Nashler. May we know what version of iOS are you currently using? We'd like to investigate more about this issue. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help. Cheers!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd
- 201.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Contests Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©2024 BandLab Technologies
- In-App Purchases
- Boost Membership - 1 Month $14.99
- Boost post $3.00
- Boost post $6.00
- Boost Post $10.00
- Boost post $12.00
- Boost post $20.00
- Boost Post $18.00
- Boost post $40.00
- Boost Post $9.00
- Boost post $24.00