Music. No experience required.™
Bandojo for iPhone and iPad…a musical instrument you can learn to play just by exploring.
Co-create beautiful music along with Bandojo’s inspiring accompaniments.
Choose a texture…stimulate your creativity with exotic sounds, rhythms, and harmonies. The Sound Sensei controls the scale and the rhythm to fit within each sound environment.
Play alone or with friends on your desktop or laptop computer, iPhone and iPad.
Play on a colorful Melody Palette
• Glide or tap with one finger to play a melody.
• Use two, three or even five fingers at once to play chords and clusters of sound.
• Wirelessly connect your iPad or iPhone to a desktop or laptop computer and use it as an additional touchscreen controller with *BandojoPlus.
Not just accompaniments–the Sound Sensei generates endlessly changing musical textures
• Many styles, scales, modes, and moods.
• 40 different immersive sound textures included.
• Additional textures available soon.
Choose your Melody instrument
• 16 different melody instruments available for each accompaniment you choose.
• Wide range of choices, including dulcimer, banjo, viola, harp…and distortion guitar.
• Reeds, strings, keyboards, brass and world instruments.
• Includes percussion and sound effects.
Control the experience…or be carried along with the flow
• Choose an accompaniment to fit your mood…or allow the accompaniment textures to cycle continuously.
• Choose the key, mode, tempo, volume…or let the Sound Sensei choose, and change your melody to match.
• Play rhythms freely…or use Rhythm Lock to guide you towards simpler or more complex play.
Play wirelessly with friends
• Collaborate or jam.
• Host one or two friends using your iPhone or iPad.
• Hosting the group using BandojoPlus enables you to play with friends on iPhone, iPad and desktop or laptop computer.
Learn while you play
• Melody Palette button labels show solfege, scale numbers, pitch names and octave registers.
• Three Melody Palette sizes—8 x 8, 5 x 5 and 3 x 3—allow players to start simple and grow their skills.
• Melody Palette skins, including Monsters and Shapes, are a fun way to engage young players.
• Harmony buttons let you change the accompaniment’s chord root to create chord progressions.
Use Bandojo with BandojoPlus: the best of both worlds
• Superior sound and more instrument choices from your desktop or laptop computer.
• Touchscreen interface from the iPhone or iPad allows sweeping and tapping using one, two, five or more fingers. Play single lines or chords and clusters of sound.
• Use your desktop or laptop mouse and keyboard, your MIDI keyboard, and your iOS touchscreen devices simultaneously.
• Visit us at www.bandojo.us for more about BandojoPlus.
Help is at hand
• A feature map quickly gets you started so you can play right away.
• On-line help and an FAQ fill in the details.
Record on your desktop or laptop computer with BandojoPlus
• Create soundtracks for your videos…or your life.
• CD quality, shareable sound files.
Visit us at www.bandojo.us for more information.
*BandojoPlus is a cross-platform version for desktop and laptop computers.
Two new accompaniment files. Serenity for calming music and a.la.mode for music education.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing music app!!!
This app makes me sound like I have been playing for years. (I have not had a music lesson since I was in grade school, and I remember very little of it.) I can only imagine how good someone who knew what they were doing would sound!
Moron makes music !!
I am making music - interesting music - just by exploring with my fingers and ears.
The stuff I wanted to do, but was too lazy to learn, it’s here.
Lots to explore here. The iPad was built for this - tactile and responsive.
Bandojo - Now I’m a rockstar too!
Once I found the Distortion Guitar, and how to over amp the melody by dragging the Melody Emphasis slider to the top, and tweaked the volume controls, I realized I can at least play at being Neil Young.
I found the Eastern accompaniments like “Nandu’s Lydian” to be very soothing and fun to noodle with.
The ability to play with other people on your network is pretty wicked.
Definitely worth the less-than-a-cup-of-good-coffee price - get it so we can jam together!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.