BANFF & CANADA’S ROCKIES is the ideal travel guide to Canada’s picture-perfect mountain playgrounds. Written by a pro author it explores all NATIONAL PARKS; details key INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES; suggests six ITINERARIES, and has tips of where to EAT and DRINK. All content (200+ points-of-interest and 300+ pics) is original & independent; no recommendations are ads!
*** Published by TouchScreenTravels.com: independent travel guides for the digital age. Our Touch, Your Travels. ***
BANFF & CANADA’S ROCKIES starts with essential TRIP-PLANNING information and an overview of key NATIONAL PARKS & MOUNTAIN TOWNS so you can decide where to stay.
Hand-crafted ITINERARIES then offer first-timers a selection of suggestions on how to spend their time; ranging from simple day-trips to Banff to extensive two-week tours of the Canadian Rockies.
Or just dive right into the section on INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES which will not only help you find the right hike for you, but also suggest a hot-spring to soak in afterwards.
History & Culture; Kids & Families; Mountain Biking; and Rafting all have their own sections too, while an extensive Skiing & Snowboarding section covers all Canadian Rockies resorts, its Cross-Country Skiing opportunities and many Heli-Skiing providers to make planning a winter trip easy.
Finally the app details many good places to EAT & DRINK to ensure the perfect mountain getaway.
APP FEATURE: TRIP ESSENTIALS
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
APP FEATURE: DESTINATIONS
The lowdown on all National Parks, protected areas and mountain towns:
• Banff National Park
• Canmore & Kananaskis
• Crowsnest Pass
• Fernie & The Elk Valley
• Golden & Yoho NP
• Jasper National Park
• The Kootenay Valley
• Radium & Kootenay NP
• Waterton Lakes NP
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & TOURS
For every trip-length:
• Banff In-a-Day
• Banff National Park In-a-Weekend
• Banff Overnight
• Canada's Rockies In-a-Week
• Canada's Rockies In-2/3-days
• Canada's Rockies In-2-Weeks
APP FEATURE: INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• History & Culture
• Hot Springs
• Kids & Families
• Mountain Biking
• Skiing & Snowboarding
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat & drink:
• Eat Banff
• Eat Canmore
• Eat Fernie
• Eat Golden
• Eat Kootenay Valley
• Eat Lake Louise
• Eat Waterton
APP FEATURES: TECHNICAL
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• AUTHOR: CHRISTIAN WILLIAMS has longstanding links with Canada that include family ties and several mountain bike scars. He's been a freelance travel writer for over twenty years and has written dozens of guidebooks, articles for magazines, websites and UK newspapers.
• ICON GRAPHIC: PX Fuel & Nick T (Unsplash)
REVIEWS & RATINGS
Reviews and ratings are like gold dust to small developers like us, if you like the app please go back into the app store, find it and leave a review or just a rating. It really helps us. Thanks.
Minor content update with around 20 broken URLs fixed and prices of ski tickets revised for the coming season.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Wu Wei Ltd
- 34.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Christian Williams
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.